Valued Contributor

@qvcaddition

The model whose foot he was always touching.

Honored Contributor

Re: Liam - Baby #2?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Marianne1 wrote:

Sure you can have your beliefs, about your life.

No one can stop you from thinking things, but you should be able to understand that articulating your thoughts about other people's lives is not required, nor is it needed.

The old "Just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to say it".

It makes me sad to see babies born outside of marriage and a stable family where each partner has expectations, both emotional and legal, and provide a better level of security for that kid to be raised by two people in a family unit.  That's what I think.

I also believe it is wrong when  people are so bullied into NOT saying what they believe that our freedoms are being eaten away.  If we can't speak about what we believe, we can't learn from one another, and have the thoughtful and respectful discussions that this country so badly needs not.  We can't respect and come together with our differences.

People call others judgmental, which by their calling them that it means that the person saying it is judging the person they are criticizing--but then that's ok because it's about what THEY believe.  We are terrified to say something is right or wrong.  We have fewer and fewer standards.

Some have taken us to a level on intolerence that is beyond anything I experienced in any other era in my 60 years.  Our standards for behavior now are my way or the highway.  Only certain lines of thought are acceptable, and discussion is out of the question.

@Sooner

IMO, I think it's very sad that people crank out babies with all the casualnees of getting a new hamster.  No regard for their stability.   Why is this okay?   Bringing a new human being into the world is a serious thing, yet some will approve ... and even encourage it.    

Children deserve stability, and if people can't be bothered to step up and provide that, then they shouldn't have children .... they should just get that hamster, as mentioned above.   JMO 

Honored Contributor

Are you speaking about Liam or the welfare lifers?

Honored Contributor

I don't see that stability is necessarily connected to a double-parent home.

There are plenty of two-parents homes that I think are less stable than a single-parent home - i.e. where one parent is an alcoholic, where parents don't work and can't provide for their children, and on and on.  Two parents don't necessarily make for a stable home.  They certainly can but a single-parent home can be more stable  depending upon the circumstances than a double-parent home.

Esteemed Contributor

The committment to have a baby with someone is a much more serious and forever committment than a marriage.  If you don't want to make the marriage committment, why make the never ending baby committment???  I just don't understand it and I am sure I never will.  Glad it is none of my concern.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The committment to have a baby with someone is a much more serious and forever committment than a marriage.  If you don't want to make the marriage committment, why make the never ending baby committment???  I just don't understand it and I am sure I never will.  Glad it is none of my concern.

Just exactly the point @colliegirls. It IS none of your concern. Would you want people telling you how to live your life?? I think not especially if it was a way of life you disagreed with. 

Honored Contributor

After baby #2 is born, l suggest he stays away from her leg with that magic marker, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Just exactly the point @colliegirls. It IS none of your concern. Would you want people telling you how to live your life?? I think not especially if it was a way of life you disagreed with. 

I don't believe I have ever told Liam or anyone else (other than my own children) how to live their lives.

However, being a forums board, I am able to express my opinion or feelings on any subject.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I don't believe I have ever told Liam or anyone else (other than my own children) how to live their lives.

However, being a forums board, I am able to express my opinion or feelings on any subject.

@colliegirls Well no, actually you can't.  Haven't you noticed the deleted posts?

Per the board's rules, you cannot express your opinions on any subject whatsoever.

Respected Contributor

It is none of anyone else's business what the structure or makeup of someone else's family is or is not.

Sure you are entitled to your personal beliefs on it, but why you think it is proper to come onto QVC's forum and dissect a member of their family on a personal lifestyle choice is beyond having your opinion.

Don't feed me the free speech arguments, it is plain and simple not a matter of free speech-- it is a matter of good manners.