Occasional Visitor

AMEN I LOVE THEM BOTH AND FOLLOW THEM AND IT IS NONE OF MY BSINESS KEEP ON MAKING ME GLITTER THONGS   I WANT MORE COLOR AND MORE OF ALL

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

They need to get married for the sake of her two children from a previous marriage and because of the two children they will have

IMO each person should determine for himself or herself what he or she needs.  It's really nobody else's business what someone needs or doesn't need to do, esp. someone not in the situation itself.

Oh, heck no.  It's a great idea to have multiple children out of wedlock!

How old fashioned!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@Wen_Woman wrote:

If he had been drawing on MY leg we'd have a few children by now too!

Seriously, where do all the judgemental people come from? I am happy for Liam and Stacy Ann.

There are things that each of us think are right and wrong.  Being a basically free country, we are able to hold opinions and beliefs and within the law share them.  If people have no thoughts about right and wrong, we are in a state of anarchy.  Society has to have some standards for how we behave, and we should respect other's thoughts on that.

No need for the thought police to rush in.  People are due their beliefs and respect.

Respected Contributor

Sure you can have your beliefs, about your life.

No one can stop you from thinking things, but you should be able to understand that articulating your thoughts about other people's lives is not required, nor is it needed.

The old "Just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to say it".

Frequent Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

No one can stop you from thinking things, but you should be able to understand that articulating your thoughts about other people's lives is not required, nor is it needed.

Bravo @Marianne1.  Live and let live. Smiley Happy  Babies are such a gift, good wishes to Liam and  Stacy. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: Liam - Baby #2?

[ Edited ]

@Marianne1 wrote:

It makes me sad to see babies born outside of marriage and a stable family where each partner has expectations, both emotional and legal, and provide a better level of security for that kid to be raised by two people in a family unit.  That's what I think.

I also believe it is wrong when  people are so bullied into NOT saying what they believe that our freedoms are being eaten away.  If we can't speak about what we believe, we can't learn from one another, and have the thoughtful and respectful discussions that this country so badly needs not.  We can't respect and come together with our differences.

People call others judgmental, which by their calling them that it means that the person saying it is judging the person they are criticizing--but then that's ok because it's about what THEY believe.  We are terrified to say something is right or wrong.  We have fewer and fewer standards.

Some have taken us to a level on intolerence that is beyond anything I experienced in any other era in my 60 years.  Our standards for behavior now are my way or the highway.  Only certain lines of thought are acceptable, and discussion is out of the question.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Marianne1 wrote:

It makes me sad to see babies born outside of marriage and a stable family where each partner has expectations, both emotional and legal, and provide a better level of security for that kid to be raised by two people in a family unit.  That's what I think.

I also believe it is wrong when  people are so bullied into NOT saying what they believe that our freedoms are being eaten away.  If we can't speak about what we believe, we can't learn from one another, and have the thoughtful and respectful discussions that this country so badly needs not.  We can't respect and come together with our differences.

People call others judgmental, which by their calling them that it means that the person saying it is judging the person they are criticizing--but then that's ok because it's about what THEY believe.  We are terrified to say something is right or wrong.  We have fewer and fewer standards.

Some have taken us to a level on intolerence that is beyond anything I experienced in any other era in my 60 years.  Our standards for behavior now are my way or the highway.  Only certain lines of thought are acceptable, and discussion is out of the question.

@Sooner I agree with you.  I personally think that marriage is more stable for children, but others disagree.  

But one thing I've observed is avoiding marriage to secure cheaper college, cheaper health insurance, etc.  I know someone who says she can't get married (intentionally) because they won't be eligible for "Healthy Families" free healthcare or free college tuition.  The father doesn't declare the children as dependents and she makes a low salary.  

To me, this is an abuse of our social services and I think that a lot of people do this...more than you may think.  Any time you see an unmarried couple where only one spouse works, there is the possibility that the non-working parent is eligible for food stamps, Healthy Families...subsidized utilities...free tuition for college once kids are older.  While one parent loses the tax deduction, the payoff might end up being be more profitable to them as a family.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022  

Good grief!  I didn't think of that.  You are so right.  I don't know how you fix that.  I don't think that way, but I know people do this.  Just hadn't pondered how many might be doing that for financial reasons.  Again, the anything goes no shame world.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Marianne1 wrote:

EXACTLY

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

They need to get married for the sake of her two children from a previous marriage and because of the two children they will have

IMO each person should determine for himself or herself what he or she needs.  It's really nobody else's business what someone needs or doesn't need to do, esp. someone not in the situation itself.

Oh, heck no.  It's a great idea to have multiple children out of wedlock!

How old fashioned!

Hyacinth

How very judgemental of you!

Society has changed a lot since the 1950s.  You are imposing your morality on someone else.