Super Contributor

@NicksmomESQ I talk to my mom and feels she is still guiding me.  It has been 13 months and I still feel her close by.  Call me crazy but sometimes I smell her perfume.  My dad has been gone almost 18 years and loved Western movies.  If I see one when I am channel surfing, I say daddy one of your Western movies is on.  Talking to them helps me feel they are still with me.  I think writing letters is a wonderful idea if it helps you.  We all find ways to keep those that touched our lives close.  @Anonymous032819 thanks for this...it makes me think of my parents.  I miss them so much, but it makes me remember how special they were/are to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@gramgrandkids1   If You're crazy then so am I .My mom has been gone over 20 years.We used to speak on the phone daily.Whenever she called she would sing " I just called to say I love you" by Stevie Wonder,to me.

Well it seems that when I need mom the most, because of something happy or sad, I hear the song. I could be in my car, or in a store.The song will come on.I feel her presence telling me she's with me.

Last Spring when my son got engaged I had a moment where I said to DH that my mom loved him so much I wish she were here.We were sitting on our patio. A few minutes later my neighbor put her Radio on. There was Stevie Wonder singing me that song. I dried my tears. I felt mom was here right next to me.