Honored Contributor

Schools are closed here, probably until the end of the year. It has thrown a lot of kids out of their routine, especially impacting younger kids. Am so happy to hear that several districts here are having parades!  My kinder grand is beyond excited. Teachers from elementary schools are driving through the neighborhoods where their students live with their cars decorated with balloons, etc...and their kid's names on big signs....the students line the streets since they don't live close to each other....and wave at their teachers. So important to keep the connection between children and teachers during this time. Lots of worksheets and activities are now provided online for parents to use. Such a great idea!

Valued Contributor

Are you nuts. this is no time for parades .this is   serious not a joke.

we need to all stay inside and just go outside  for things like food

shopping pharmacy ect.take it from a medical professional.

Esteemed Contributor

Great idea! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Are you nuts. this is no time for parades .this is   serious not a joke.

we need to all stay inside and just go outside  for things like food

shopping pharmacy ect.take it from a medical professional.

If you read the specifics she provided, they're still doing social distancing. It's not like a Macys parade.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Now that there's no school or homework in my area, the little little darlings are already out breaking into cluster mailboxes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Now that there's no school or homework in my area, the little little darlings are already out breaking into cluster mailboxes.

@Kachina624 

🤣 🤣 🤣.....  I guess everyone needs a "hobby".....

Seriously thats a major non-pandemic problem ...it happened to our mailboxes and mail delivery halted so I had to go to the Post Office to pick up my mail and lots of others in different subdivisions had experienced the SAME problem....something needs to be done!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
I am shocked anyone would criticize what the teachers are doing for their students during this time. Obviously social distancing was observed at all times. I see zero problem with children standing in their front yards and teachers driving down the streets of their neighborhood. My grand was thrilled when her teacher saw her and yelled her name and that she missed her...even the cafeteria ladies were in the parade!
Honored Contributor
Too many older kids on the streets now for sure....instead of being in school...but if they are stealing mail....they probably wouldn’t be going to school much anyway. Where are their parents? Working from home?
Honored Contributor
Read my entire post, xraytech.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

I think this is awesome -- I heard they are "riding in their cars" down the streets.

My GD is so upset right now that she may not be able to have a bday party & we know how much kids look forward to this!

I told her be "positive" and you can have a summer party -- she said "nope no summer camp either this year!"

Although kids are "resilient" I think this will be hard for them to feel like everything is good again ... fingers crossed!

As for those who turn a "nice" uplifting post into negative reactions...I to them ... please REFRAIN from replying.