Respected Contributor

Re: Let’s guess why QVC shipping is so slow!

@sunshine45 wrote:

have ordered quite a bit in 2020 and am not having any major shipping issues with QVC.....knock on wood! MOST items i am getting within the 7 - 10 business day period and have even had a few arrive in 2 - 3 days!

You are incredibly lucky. 

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

How about...

THERE'S A PANDEMIC OF A MORTAL ILLNESS GOING AROUND AND IT'S KILLING PEOPLE LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTER !!!!!!!!!!!!

...could that possibly be the reason?

Nice excuse but no one else seems to be using it. 

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

my irritation is that pkg is in OH and then goes to NJ and then to ILL and finally to MI. it seems to be shipping thru USPS, that's taking it to NJ. if they would just sent to OH and then to MI, i would get it 4-5 days sooner.

i wonder if after all the virus protections, have been lifted, if things will go back to normal. i have never had a complaint about their shipping before, but this baffles me.

Shoekitty said, my understanding is with certain shipping methods they ship the fastest way, not for us to receive it...but for te post office, fed ex, ups to ship it.  They load the packages,  send to a main hub, from there it goes to main hub.  These hubas may not e close to you but it I easiest for them..then it goes out to state, then count hub.

i learned this when a ice cream vendor I use in Santa Barbara California changed shipping from ups to fed ex, and it resulted in cheaper costs for me.  Ok, so I am in Nortern California, they are SoCal  they used to ship to Goleta, Sacramento, San Jose and me.  New method it goes from California to fed ex main hub in Tennessee  lol  then it goes to Nevada, Oakland then San Jose and me.  All in three days.   Seems like a long way, but I get it...still frozen solid like a rock

Contributor

It's  not just  the distribution center in California. I ordered Women With Control capris on May 21st. They just shipped June 13th from Easton, PA.

Respected Contributor

QVC has a new shipping company!

turtle.jpg

Honored Contributor

I ordered something on June 6.  I check my order status every few days.  As of this evening June 15, it hasn't moved.  Hasn't shipped, hasn't done anything.  The estimated delivery date is June 17.  Not holding my breath. 

Frequent Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

My personal experience has been that my orders move out of QVC's processing pretty quickly and then move through the UPS system in a reasonably timely manner. The weak link then seems to be when it gets handed off to the black hole otherwise known as the USPS. That last step adds days to the shipping process, regardless of what company I order from. 

I signed up for the UPS My Choice Premium Service to bypass the postal service altogether. Then I discovered that they only upgrade the Sure Post packages, not the Mail Innovations packages. 😖 Unfortunately, I find Mail Innovations is being used more frequently by online retailers. My understanding is that Mail Innovations handles the smaller packages and the larger ones go through Sure Post. However, I recently ordered two pieces of similar weight  jewelry in the same size box. One went SP and one went MI. Made no sense. So I can upgrade a $30 Lock&Lock purchase but a $200 jewelry purchase cannot be upgraded and is at the mercy of the postal service. 

I sure miss the old days at the Q when you could accept the lower priced standard shipping method or pay extra to upgrade to UPS. I would literally pay money to bypass the postal service altogether. 

I had totally forgotten about that!

Occasional Contributor

Ummmm I think you are wrong. I too do a lot of online buying especially from Amazon. Very quick delivery. Kohls very quick, Sams very quick. Not sure what the issues are with Q but its really getting to be an ongoing problem. I have a top that I ordered 5/15 and its still in process, really? Almost time for the second easy pay. A month in process is totally unexceptable. This has zip to do with COVID. Other companies use the very same mail carriers. UPS and USPS. The problems are where it all starts. If this is how they intend to run this business in the ground so be it. Customers will be dropping like flies and the Q will be in bankruptsy. I would like to have my summer tops for "summer".....I suggest if you want any winter clothes you should order them now. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars here, but I am just about fed up with this. JMHO 

Super Contributor

I've learned to never expect anything fast from QVC, but it has gotten worse and worse these past few years (not Covid19)

Ordered 5/18, delivery date of 5/21. I didn't expect it that fast even though I live in OH close to PA.  Finally shipped 6/9 - still haven't received it.

Ordered 5/28, delivery date of 6/4. Finally shipped 6/10 - still haven't received it.

Both packages shipped UPS Mail Innovations.  I'm pretty friendly with our local UPS driver (as he is also my work's UPS driver).  I asked him about it yesterday and he rolled his eyes when I said it was Mail Innovations.  He said they slashed the shipping costs so they got the business, but since they (UPS & USPS) makes very little $$$ off this shipping method the packages aren't a high priority.

Trusted Contributor

Squeaky wheel theory would be my guess in your case. Works every time.