New Contributor

Re: Let’s guess why QVC shipping is so slow!

totally agree.  I am tired of them using Covid.  It is hard to get an item it it takes forever to leave the warehouse, but the warehouse sure locks the item FAST so it cannot be cancelled.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

How about...

THERE'S A PANDEMIC OF A MORTAL ILLNESS GOING AROUND AND IT'S KILLING PEOPLE LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTER !!!!!!!!!!!!

...could that possibly be the reason?

Very the, however, items were sitting "In Process" for days before the pandemic. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC shipping has never been fast unless you pay a premium for express shipping.  The EDD has always been a couple of weeks out.  Shipping for some may have been even slower during the shelter in place.  The items that I ordered during that time were actually received faster than before the pandemic.  

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has had slow shipping for years and way before the pandemic started. The pandemic has exacerbated the shipping problems but QVC has never been able in more than 2 years to fix issues with their slow shipping and slow returns. One only has to casually look through this and the Q Talk boards to see the complaints that have gone on for years about it.

IMO, with the current QVC management in place the shipping problems will never be fixed.

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

QVC has had slow shipping for years and way before the pandemic started. The pandemic has exacerbated the shipping problems but QVC has never been able in more than 2 years to fix issues with their slow shipping and slow returns. One only has to casually look through this and the Q Talk boards to see the complaints that have gone on for years about it.

IMO, with the current QVC management in place the shipping problems will never be fixed.

I was gonna say the same thing and why I no longer buy from QVC.   I once saw a kitchen gadget on In the Kitchen with David that I wanted.  Went to Amazon - it was 1/3 cheaper, NO shipping cost and it came within 2-3 days.  It ended up being a QVC sold out item and people who bought the item at QVC were complainig how long it took to come.  

Honored Contributor

My shipments from QVC aren't slow at all.  Everything I have ordered is out the door within 48 hours.

However, I've had items sit at my local post office for 5+ days until they are finally out for delivery. That is not a QVC problem, that is my post office problem.

I ordered some items last week from Target.  They didn't arrive the day they were supposed to either.  I got an e-mail that said they were on the FedEx truck for delivery and then I got another e-mail later in the day that my delivery date had been moved out 2 days. 

Esteemed Contributor

To be fair I had decided to cut back on QVC orders when the coronavirus first hit. I just did not want my money tied up in things that I really did not need. .However, as time went on I just do not even want to take a chance with them. Delivery really does seem to be hit or miss. I ordered a bookcase a few months back because I really did want it, and what an ordeal that turned out to be. I rarely watch QVC or HSN anymore, they have too many problems for me. if it was not for these boards I would be totally disconnected.

I wonder how many other people out there are like me, and after awhile that really does affect their bottom line. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they don't have workers,especially now with the virus.No person in customer service either,as big as this company is it's a shame,other big places sure do it better

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Carlycat

Your  reasons are very good.  My thinking is all their problems started when they moved their fulfillment center to CA to easily bring in all the goods they supply us from China.

@newname0 

I think all their problems started wnen the new CEO ( orig. from Disney Land) took over the company!!!!      JMO

Oh My!!  I did not know the new CEO was from Disney.  I'm a big Disney fan.  Got married there, Dvc Member, etc.  I'm on boards with Disney "People" all the time and Disney's IT is well known to be bad...I'm mean really bad. 

Respected Contributor

It's an IT/warehouse problem  My husband works in IT and did this sort of thing for 30 plus years.  When I tell him the problems I read here, he knows exactly what the problem is.  Maybe I should tell my husband to go fix their problems?  LOL!  My husband really doesn't like me ordering from QVC.  Says their is no reason for these types of problems and delays and especially not being able to cancel.