Honored Contributor

Re: Let's get funny! Share your humorous public moment!

A few years ago, I was out with my husband running errands and needed to go into a store to make a return. The parking lot was crowded so DH said he would just drop me off outside the entrance, circle the lot, and come back and pick me up. Fortunately, it didn't take too long to return my item, and I came right back out and hopped into the car....but it wasn't our car and it wasn't my husband! It was a car identical to ours....gold sedan....and I don't know who was more surprised ....me or the poor man sitting behind the wheel! I told the man, so sorry, I thought this was my husband's car, and jumped out.....the worst part? My husband was sitting in the car right behind me and saw the whole thing...he was laughing so hard he couldn't even talk...just shook his head......i was mortified because of course he had to mention it to our kids......

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

A few years ago, I was out with my husband running errands and needed to go into a store to make a return. The parking lot was crowded so DH said he would just drop me off outside the entrance, circle the lot, and come back and pick me up. Fortunately, it didn't take too long to return my item, and I came right back out and hopped into the car....but it wasn't our car and it wasn't my husband! It was a car identical to ours....gold sedan....and I don't know who was more surprised ....me or the poor man sitting behind the wheel! I told the man, so sorry, I thought this was my husband's car, and jumped out.....the worst part? My husband was sitting in the car right behind me and saw the whole thing...he was laughing so hard he couldn't even talk...just shook his head......i was mortified because of course he had to mention it to our kids......

@lovesrecess  LOL!

Honored Contributor

After having a dental procedure after teaching school one day,  I decided to stop by the market on the way home....I put on some lipstick as I walked from my car as went into the store. One of my students' parents saw me and said hello and we chatted for a few minutes before I checked out and left....when I got back into the car I saw that my lipstick was all over my chin instead of my lip, which I guess was still numb from my dental work...I thought I was putting it on my lips...but missed by a long shot....mortified....why did the parents and the cashier not say something? I am sure the parents made some phonecalls....

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

After having a dental procedure after teaching school one day,  I decided to stop by the market on the way home....I put on some lipstick as I walked from my car as went into the store. One of my students' parents saw me and said hello and we chatted for a few minutes before I checked out and left....when I got back into the car I saw that my lipstick was all over my chin instead of my lip, which I guess was still numb from my dental work...I thought I was putting it on my lips...but missed by a long shot....mortified....why did the parents and the cashier not say something? I am sure the parents made some phonecalls....

@lovesrecess ... I can just imagine how embarrassed you were.!I was a dental hygienist and saw many people try to put lipstick on without a mirror after dental work...doesn't work out...sometimes even with a mirror! You just don't know how to gracefully tell people about something like that. I once walked into a department store bathroom. The lady walking out who held the door for me was still "attached" to the roll of toilet paper. It was unwinding more and more the further she walked. I thanked her for holding the door for me. She said, "No problem." I said, "Unfortunately, I think you might have a problem." She looked at me funny, and I pointed to the roll of toilet paper that stretched from her back into the stall she came out of!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess... I can just imagine how embarrassed you were.!I was a dental hygienist and saw many people try to put lipstick on without a mirror after dental work...doesn't work out...sometimes even with a mirror! You just don't know how to gracefully tell people about something like that. I once walked into a department store bathroom. The lady walking out who held the door for me was still "attached" to the roll of toilet paper. It was unwinding more and more the further she walked. I thanked her for holding the door for me. She said, "No problem." I said, "Unfortunately, I think you might have a problem." She looked at me funny, and I pointed to the roll of toilet paper that stretched from her back into the stall she came out of!

@Yardlie  How could that happen, I wonder.  She must have used it while still attached to the roll, not hygienic, and never heard of that.  I wonder how far she would have walked if you hadn't talked to her, lol.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the laughs, ladies.  It just goes to show we’re all just goofy humans who do some crazy things once in a while.  

Respected Contributor

I was at a movie theater ready to dig into my popcorn.  I had gum in my mouth so I wrapped it in a napkin and put the napkin on my lap.  Walking through the lobby to leave I noticed all these people looking me up and down.  We were all the way in the parking lot before I noticed the gum had stuck to my pants, and I was walking around with a giant white napkin dangling from my crotch.

Honored Contributor

It was about 1985 or so.  I always wore skirts or dresses.  I had on what we call today, mules by R Lauren.  For some unknown reason, this classroom had a plug installed into the floor with a metal surround, about 1/3 into the room from the wall.  The students were "in lab" and all up.  I was called over to the opposite side of the room,  and I stepped on that plug and went down on my bottom in the middle of the classroom, hands in my lap!  I remember being shocked because it happened SO suddenly!  Of course a lot of my girls rushed over to see about me and the boys picked me up!  We were all laughing uncontrolably!  Nothing like almost 30 witnesses!!! when you look like a nut!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Once wore 1 black pump and 1 dark navy pump to work, no more blindly grabbing shoes out of the closet after that.  Also remeber the time I wasn't paying attention and entered, and quickly exited, the men's room in a restaurant.  Fortunately no men in there when I entered, but some waiting in the lobby for a table got a laugh that evening.

Edited to add that I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't pay attention when putting on her shoes. 

@deepwaterdotterI've done that too when I bought a black and navy shoe that happened to be the same but with different bows!

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain .... I had something similar happen.  It was a few days before I moved to Florida.  I had lived in apartments in NY for 21 years, and used the laundry facilities in the building.  I'm a walker, and went out that night for a long walk.  The skies opened when I about 3/4 mile from home.  It was then that I found out how bad our laundry facilities were..... my clothes were sudsing as I walked.  I was both embarrassed and amused as I stopped say hello to a shop owner who had been giving me boxes for the move.  I still laugh about it!