Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's get funny! Share your humorous public moment!

@mimosa

Hope I got your name correct.  After I read your story, attempted to heart it, but the system indicated I could not access it.  Then your entry disappeared.  Sorry this happened.  Might have been a banking industry thing.

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@mimosa

Hope I got your name correct.  After I read your story, attempted to heart it, but the system indicated I could not access it.  Then your entry disappeared.  Sorry this happened.  Might have been a banking industry thing.

hi @sfnative   Thank you!    I really don't know what happened!? , i tried to edit it  in case some of it was TMI . And the entire post vanished.  I guess someone could find the newspaper story but it happened 35 yrs ago!  then i thought maybe this was something to be kept comfidential!  i worry too much!  anyway the banking bit seems to be common knowledge (the bait money and dye pak)

Honored Contributor

When my son was a little guy his class went to a museum that was in a heritage home.He told the teacher that he wouldn’t go in a wh@re house but what he meant was horror house.The house looked like something from an old scare flick so I get where he was coming from.

QVC Customer Care

@ItsME

Aaaahhhhh, your story brought back memories. I was working in downtown Sydney Australia as a restaurant manager and was running off to the bank to make the deposit. Well, my "knickers" had seen better days and as I was running across the busiest street in the city I felt a snap.....and I lost my underwear! Same thing tho', just jumped out of them and kept running. They were still there a week later. My shame knew no bounds!!!!!!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

I was in high school and walking home from school and right in front of the neighborhood bank my foot got tangled in a brown bag and I could not get it out and down I went on both knees.  My girlfriend was laughing and although it was funny, it really hurt.  Both my knees were skinned.  I can imagine that it looked really funny trying to get my foot out of the bag.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I was in high school and walking home from school and right in front of the neighborhood bank my foot got tangled in a brown bag and I could not get it out and down I went on both knees.  My girlfriend was laughing and although it was funny, it really hurt.  Both my knees were skinned.  I can imagine that it looked really funny trying to get my foot out of the bag.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1

Boy, did your fall bring back memories.  It was early December and we had to make our annual trip to the flower mart in San Francisco to purchase 15 large poinsettias for our lobby at the rehab clinic.

We lucked out with a great parking place, but had to rush across a street with 4 lanes of east-bound traffic.  Finally, the traffic was all clear, so we started to run before the light turned green half a block down.  All of a sudden my heel caught on the black top and down I went, BAM, on both knees.  Oh, my word, but I've never had such pain in both knees in my life.  The pain was actually paralyzing.  And, there's Leo on the other side of the street yelling at me, "Get up, get up, the traffic is coming and they'll run over you!"  (The light had turned green.)  Thing was my knees were still really stunned and I actually could not get up, so Leo ran back to me and had to nearly drag me back to the curb.  What a bloody mess I was.  Fast forward 10 years.  All of a sudden I started having bad pain in my right knee with prolonged flexion.  Long story short and after MRI:  that fall had caused the lateral cartilage to accordion, ripped open the knee capsule and caused the growth of a then walnut-sized meniscial cyst, which was pressing on nerves.  Beware falling on knees.

Valued Contributor

I worked years ago at a postal encoding center where you keyed info on a computer for 8 hours a day. Every hour you got a break, either for 5 minutes or 10, depending on which hour. During one of the 5-minute breaks, I decided, like most of the other people in my row, to just stay in my chair. Now back then, I wore a wig every day to work. I have really bad hair, and it was just easier to plop my wig on every morning. Well, while sitting, I decided to raise my arms and take a big stretch. Next thing I know, I felt my wig spring off my head and, out of the corner of my eye, see it fly up into the air and then down on the floor. 

No one said a thing--they were just waiting, I guess, to see if I was horrified or what. All I could do though was to start laughing. I could just picture how it must have looked to everyone and couldn't help but find it funny, even though it was also quite embarrassing (I know my hair was a mess underneath that wig!). After I started laughing, so did my co-workers. I just grabbed my wig, put it back on, and asked whether it was on straight or not.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK. I wasn't sure if I should post this here, but I'll give it a shot. I was a young, new grad dental hygienist with too much book learning and not enough experience. I had just started working in a dental office that had those little cubicles rather than walls that went up to the ceiling. Needless to say, everything you said could be heard throughout the office. I was reviewing a young man's medical history. He was a new patient, and I noticed he had a history of veneral disease. (We didn't call it a sexually transmitted disease back then.) I was taught in school that if a patient had a history of VD, it was important to find out which VD he had and if he had fully completed his antibiotic treatment. I was also taught to be discreet and not to talk too loudly as the inquiries were being made. So...I didn't want to burst out with, "Did you have syphilis or gonorrhea?" Instead I asked a question that I now realize that most patients wouldn't know the answer to unless they were in a health care field. I intended to ask: "Did they say which organism caused it?"....thinking this would be a back door way of figuring out the name of his VD. Instead, being flustered, I asked,  "Did they say which orgasm caused it?" I turned bright red, and the patient burst out laughing and said, "Sure, I know which orgasm caused it!" Woman Embarassed

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

In the interest of comfort while out dining and dancing w/friends I chose to wear a skirt that had an elastic band waistline instead of zipper and button.

I knew it was a bit loose since I was trying to get back into fighting shape after the birth of my child.

While DH was twirling me around and around I suddenly stopped b/c I felt I was getting dizzy and my skirt kept twirling around... all the way off and onto the dance floor.

I had a half slip on; looked at the table where friends were and BIL and friends were laughing so hard BIL almost fell off his chair.

I began to laugh and so did DH as I gathered up my skirt, slipped it on and made my way to the nearest ladies room.

Honored Contributor

Almost forgot this one.  First dental bridge, my four front teeth on top.  Had removable temporary in.  Had to attend big formal event at husband's company.  Sat at table with all bigwigs.  I was eating something and suddenly the bridge popped out of my mouth, flew across the table and almost landed in a man's dinner.  I covered my mouth and he quietly wrapped the piece in his napkin and handed it to me, not saying a word.  I bent over and replaced the bridge. 

My husband was sitting right next to me . . . never saw it.  The man looked at me and I looked at him . . . my eyes said "thank you" and he nodded, his eyes saying "you're welcome."  I'll never forget his kindness.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986