Respected Contributor

Re: Let's get funny! Share your humorous public moment!

Yep, I've done that.  Many years ago I was at a nice bar/restaurant with my friend.  Had on a black dress and pantyhose.  Went to the ladies restroom and when I returned to the restaurant my friend tells me my dress is tucked into my pantyhose.  I walked all the way down a long hallway, thru a bar and into dining area before my friend told me. 

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC the same thing happened to my secretary many years ago with a slip.  She stepped out of it and kept on going.  She came into the office carrying that slip and telling the tale.  We laughed forever!!!

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Once wore 1 black pump and 1 dark navy pump to work, no more blindly grabbing shoes out of the closet after that.  Also remeber the time I wasn't paying attention and entered, and quickly exited, the men's room in a restaurant.  Fortunately no men in there when I entered, but some waiting in the lobby for a table got a laugh that evening.

Edited to add that I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't pay attention when putting on her shoes. 

I did the shoe thing, too.  A woman in the elevator announced loudly that I had mismatched shoes on as she was exiting. That was a long workday:/

I did that when I entered the new building on campus.  It was summer with not a lot of students. I just walked in, did a quick turn out.  Nobody saw me.  It was empty.  But I  was shaking my head the rest of the afternoon.

Respected Contributor

Oh I did the shoe thing too.  Had a pair in black, another navy.  At 6:30 in the morning they looked alike.  When I got to work I realized I had one black and one blue on.  Nothing to be done but laugh, all day.  

Another shoe thing.  Had a pair of loafers with tassels.  Not cheap BTW.  Looked down, of course after I got to work, and, one had tassels, and the other had chewed off tassels.  My devil dog!!  Boy did she get a "chewing out" when I got home.  Her mission on earth was to teach me to put my things away. 😂

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, I guess I must have repressed memories!

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC thanks for sharing that story.  Too funny!  At least my slip was gone the next day!

Respected Contributor

I've done the shoe thing, miss matched suit thing and the front tooth flyng out thing.

Took the train from Philly to NJ to see a friend visiting from UK.   Lots of walk and it wasn't until I got to her daughter's house that I looked down and had on one flat and one heel.  Wouldn't you  thought I'd notice??

On a business trip back in my corporate days I was driving to the office and looked down and had the skirt from a gray suit and jacket from the same suit in navy on.   

And on another business trip in Anchorage at dinner on Sunday night before my training program started on Monday , I bit into a piece of soft bread and my front cap flew across the table.   Fortunately, Anchorage had emergency dentists and got it back in that night.  

I have NOT done the TP hanging out of my butt but my sister has.

Trusted Contributor

I had to run an errand in a town about15 miles away that I don't frequent very often.  I decided to stop at a McDonald's on my way home and pulled in the drive-thru lane.  Drove around to where the speaker is to place my order.  I sat there...and sat there...and sat there...no one came on over the intercom to take my order.  I'm thinking, "what the heck?"  While waiting, I'm noticing no cars in the parking lot.  Miffed that no one was coming to my assistance to take my order, I started driving away.  That was when I saw the sign saying "Remodeling / Under Construction".  I was sitting in a drive thru at a McDonalds that wasn't even open!   I drove away hunched over the steering wheel sheepishly and thinking to myself, "you IDIOT!"   

Honored Contributor

I was asked to babysit while the mom went to a Tupperware party which she never mentioned it to her shift worker husband. At one point, he walked stark naked into the living room. He was groggy and wiping his eyes when I yelled "Tim to back to bed." He got dressed, handed me some money and told me I could leave. The wife called and apologized profusely the next day. I'm sure he was none too happy with her!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One morning, I was running across the street to catch the bus to work and for some reason I lost my footing and fell mack dab in the middle of the street! The bus had stopped, waiting for me. As I got up from the ground, my stockings were ripped to shreds. Needlessly to say, there was no way I was going to get on that bus with everyone staring (probably laughing) at me. So, I waved it to go on without me and I limped back home to change my stockings.