Esteemed Contributor

Let's get funny! Share your humorous public moment!

For those with the nerve to do so, please do share a moment in your life,that occurred in public, may have embarrassed the heck out of you, but in the end was hilarious.  Let it all hang out!

In 2000, we were living in Tulsa, OK, and it was approaching Valentine's Day.  The chorus to which I belonged encouraged us to form quartets and double quartets.  We would learn a number of songs specific to the holiday, the chorus would publicize "Singing Valentines" for x amount of $ as a fundraiser and off we'd go, starting at 7 a.m.

My "Moment" occurred just after we arrived at the Williams Company corporate headquarters, a large highrise in downtown Tulsa.  We parked, took an elevator up 21 floors and stepped out, looking for a small space or corner, where we could warm up, confirm which 2 songs we would sing for this particular person, etc.  In the meantime, I told my group I'd be heading for the bathroom and would meet them at the lucky guy's cubicle.

(We were wearing a gorgeous red dress with red sequined top which had a red crepe flowy skirt, hose and heels.)

I exited the bathroom and walked across a very large floor of cubicles and perimeter offices, finally arriving at the cubicle of the Valentine guy, when my friend Karen M. said, "Um, Rebecca, don't you feel a breeze in the back?"  I looked at her and wondered what in the heck she was talking about.  She gave me this exasperated look as whispered, "Your butt is hanging out, girl!!!"  Oh, s__t.....  Pulled up my pantyhose and my dress got tucked into my pantyhose and I walked all the way across that huge Q&A production floor...

OMG!!!

Everyone was in hysterics!

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's get funny! Share your humorous public moment!

Years ago, being a young mom with four babies on the beach at the Jersey shore.  One of my babies (I think the oldest, around five years old . . . yep, had four in four and a half years) got into the surf a little too deep and I ran in and grabbed her.

As I was coming out of the water the top of my bathing suit fell off (two piece in those days, not a bikini).  There were two young guys just coming into the surf as I was going out.  I had my child in one hand and was trying to grab the top at the same time.  I managed to grab it and they were smiling at me, saying "very nice, very nice."  I didn't know if they were remarking about my rescue, or my bare chest.  I assume the latter.

I didn't know how many folks on the beach saw this, but no one said anything else to me.  I was mortified.  Next day I wore a one piece bathing suit and hoped no one would recognize me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

If you could wear a two piece after having four children I say, "Wow." I'll bet you made their day. Did you tell your husband what happened?

Respected Contributor

Years ago I worked in lower Manhattan.  Got off of work one night and headed to the subway. It was rush hour and the streets were crowded.  The elastic on my half-slip broke as I was crossing the street.  The slip fell to the ground, of course.  I just stepped out of it and kept walking, hoping that nobody had seen that happen!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

many years ago i worked at the local high school....there was a wonderful English teacher who took off her coat and realized she had her slip on....but no skirt...will never forget that...good thing it was back in the days when women wore slips!!

Honored Contributor

I went for an appointment at the bank with two different shoes on.One had a higher heel too so I walked funny.Dont know how I didn’t notice before I left the house.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once wore 1 black pump and 1 dark navy pump to work, no more blindly grabbing shoes out of the closet after that.  Also remeber the time I wasn't paying attention and entered, and quickly exited, the men's room in a restaurant.  Fortunately no men in there when I entered, but some waiting in the lobby for a table got a laugh that evening.

Edited to add that I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't pay attention when putting on her shoes. 

Honored Contributor

This happened years ago.  I had fixed up my best friend  with this nice looking guy I had met earlier. I was at her house and our dates were going to pick us up get ready, when he arrived.  I ran down the stairs first, then my girlfriend right behind me.  I knew the top of the gown was ready to fall off.  (it was too big on her top.  I was helping her pin it) And I just yelled and pointed to the window and shouted "Look"  

Everyone turned around to gaze at the site of two dogs doing their best to continue their species. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

If you could wear a two piece after having four children I say, "Wow." I'll bet you made their day. Did you tell your husband what happened?

@RetRN

Yes I told my husband, and he managed a little "ho ho" and that was it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Once wore 1 black pump and 1 dark navy pump to work, no more blindly grabbing shoes out of the closet after that.  Also remeber the time I wasn't paying attention and entered, and quickly exited, the men's room in a restaurant.  Fortunately no men in there when I entered, but some waiting in the lobby for a table got a laugh that evening.

Edited to add that I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't pay attention when putting on her shoes. 

I did the shoe thing, too.  A woman in the elevator announced loudly that I had mismatched shoes on as she was exiting. That was a long workday:/