Trusted Contributor

Re: Let's change the subject....

@Laura.... This is a crisis bring one home....

Honored Contributor

If @Junebug54 and I disappear from the board, check the two winos wrapped around a JD bottle in the alley to the right.  😂🥃

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  I've got your back... have fun

Honored Contributor

You can try to change the subject, but it's just too big.

And lots of people here want to talk about it.  You don't have to.

Trusted Contributor

This isn't personal, it's about my town. I couldn't be more proud of them. A restaurant got together with the Middle School and any child in the town who regularly goes to school (they're all closed now) is fed a free lunch daily. Nothing fancy, a sandwich, chips, fruit and a drink. They just go to the restaurant, pick it up and eat elsewhere.

Since I live in a rural area, many kids live in the country and this wouldn't work out for them. In the summer, they hold movies in the park w/town police buying and making hot dogs for everyone. If a dog gets out of their yard, it's immediately posted on FB and ppl look for it until it's found.

I'm thankful for a town like this. The best way to describe it would be it's like "Cheers" but instead of being a bar, it's an entire town.

Respected Contributor

I had a routine Medicare physical  last week and not much was wrong.  BP and sugar better but cholesterol a little high. I was happy.  My Mother was retired three years and died of cancer. She didn't get to enjoy many years.

My dogs are also healthy and keep me going with walks and comfort as live alone .My old guy still hears well and able to jump in the car.

The snow is melting. I saw green grass. Days are longer and Spring around the corner.  We had a mild Winter with just enough snow and any we get now will melt quickly. 

I am financially  secure and my former broker, retired, said not to worry about the stocks. I am blessed with a decent pension. Taxes done and ready to pick up. 

I try and be Thankful every day.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  I understand KItty... Of course I kow it's big.. But I refuse to let it take over my life.   I'll do the best I can to protect myself and my family.  That's all I can do.  

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  I understand KItty... Of course I kow it's big.. But I refuse to let it take over my life.   I'll do the best I can to protect myself and my family.  That's all I can do.  

@Junebug54 

I understand.  I just don't think that talking about it (a lot!) means that it's taking over your life.

I, along with so many other people, found out today that I'll be unemployed for the duration.  And being an independent contractor I won't be eligible for any unemployment insurance.  That is kind of taking over quite a lot of head space right now.  Just as it is with many, many other people.

If y'all want to talk about other things, you certainly can!

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  I get it.  I wish you good luck... I certainly wasn't trying to make light of a serious situation.  Just trying to take our minds off of the subject for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54  Thank you for turning the page. My good news is I've been married to the love of my life for 39 years. I have a wonderful son who's going to graduate from law school in May in the top of his class. He's marrying a wonderful young woman in September. I too survived a health scare last year. I am truly blessed.