Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's Share Our Happy Place

[ Edited ]

Avalon, New Jersey 

images.jpeg

avalon-nj-boat-768x455.jpg

Honored Contributor

Home is my happy place, I am an introvert. Traveled when I was young, enjoyed it then, but  have no desire now. The places have changed dramatically and not for the better. Loved places like Hawaii, San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans, Quebec City, Las Vegas, and many others. 

Honored Contributor

They say home is where the heart is.

I say happy is where the dog is. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Right here, the cats are asleep in their beds, my lab is asleep in my bed, the hound is out running in circles in the field. My dh is working from home, he's has been on the phone, I can hear him in the other room. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and everything seems right in the world at the moment. Or in my little neck of the woods, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Right now I need to be in my happy place. If I could go there on Wednesday, I would in an instant. Here are the rules: 

1. You can't mention non in-house relatives, because many of us can't be with them.

2. Don't be political

3. The sky's the limit

4. Keep it PG

My Happy Place: Sanibel Island, 11:00 AM. On the beach, picking up shells and basking in the sun.

@PA Mom-mom 

It won't be an island, far from it. It will however be on Wednesday. Islands are known for water, I think!

My happy place is known for water, but it has been frozen into a smooth ice surface. It takes more than "an instant", around 30 minutes to get there. Looking forward to Wednesday.

hckynut     🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Wish I could go to a Mall and have it all to myself.

That would be happy, happy !

Esteemed Contributor

Since the OP asked us not to mention family, I just can't.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree wtih those who said home because I am quite happy too as @september in my small New England area with the ocean and the mountains within an hours drive.....however my alternate happy place would be in Scotland  (which I have been blessed to visit twice) listening to bagpipes and sipping whisky Smiley Happy   Oh Laddie!!

Respected Contributor

My happy place has always been my beautiful and wonderful home, but as a world traveler, I am also happy when I am off exploring and discovering interesting destinations!

This year I am traveling via the Internet!

Respected Contributor

Home with my husband. Walking in the woods that we live in. Third has to be the ocean where my son and his family lives.