Esteemed Contributor

Let's Share Our Happy Place

[ Edited ]

Right now I need to be in my happy place. If I could go there on Wednesday, I would in an instant. Here are the rules: 

1. You can't mention non in-house relatives, because many of us can't be with them.

2. Don't be political

3. The sky's the limit

4. Keep it PG

My Happy Place: Sanibel Island, 11:00 AM. On the beach, picking up shells and basking in the sun.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Right now I need to be in my happy place. If I could go there on Wednesday, I would in an instant. Here are the rules of the game: 

1. You can't mention non in-house relatives, because many of us can't be with them.

2. Don't be political

3. The sky's the limit

4. Keep it PG

My Happy Place: Sanibel Island, 11:00 AM. On the beach, picking up shells and basking in the sun.

@PA Mom-mom @just a tip. Take the word Game out of the title. Change title to let's share our happy place. 

Honored Contributor

My happy place would be to have my Mom still here, and to go anywhere and do anything with her. But the best would be we live in a beautiful cottage right near a beach, in Ireland.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Right now I need to be in my happy place. If I could go there on Wednesday, I would in an instant. Here are the rules of the game: 

2. Don't be political

3. The sky's the limit

4. Keep it PG

@PA Mom-mom @just a tip. Take the word Game out of the title. Change title to let's share our happy place. 

@Mindy D  I'm not really sure what you are getting at, but I will defer to your experience.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Happy Place Game

[ Edited ]

Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant on Miami Beach eating Jumbo fresh caught stone crabs, creamed spinach and lyonnaise potatoes. Tons of fresh breads continues to be  refilled in our bread basket and melted butter for our crabs. Customary key lime pie for desert all around. ( All my close friends, leave this out to comply with the rules) are with us at a big table and the maitre d doesn't want a tip from us to seat us at a good table. Plus we found a parking space with no waiting or walking very far and there is no virus to think about. There's no line to get in either. 

Respected Contributor

My happy place would be either drinking Guinness in a quaint pub in Dublin, Ireland or picking Macoun apples in Vermont on a cool, crisp fall day.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Share Our Happy Place

My happy place is the beach just on the other side of my backyard.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  Well, you made me tear up. And, Ireland is my second home, and being near the beach in Ireland is.....

Honored Contributor

My happy place is my home - always has been and always will be.  There is no where else I would rather be.  I have a nice private deck and a fenced in yard for my dog and great neighbors.  The only thing that would make it better is summer back!  

Trusted Contributor

My happy place is definitely Sanibel Island.  We have had many wonderful vacations there.  Beautiful, peaceful, and fun. 

I also love Maui, but the return red-eye flight is a KILLER for me.