Respected Contributor

Re: Let it go.....please make it stop.

@Beauty2B wrote:

Did you actually hear them say that or are you believing what the networks and tabloids tell you?  I learned long ago not to form an opinion on any subject in the news without knowing all of the facts.  I do know this family has been dragged through the mud and THAT is what needs to stop.  Only God knows their hearts or their intentions and no one else has a right to judge them.   

This came from People magazine and they are pretty reliable. We shall see, time will tell.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Will TLC block the rest of the family out? (only show the 2 couples)

From what I understand they will. I won't be watching so I won't know.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand what on earth makes this family so fascinating?  I have absolutely no interest in them and feel their 15 minutes of fame has stretched uncomfortably  on too long as it is.....  Woman Indifferent 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

It's going to make them look even more ignorant and backwards

Esteemed Contributor

I never watched the show and never will. And people should not watch the show now after what happened in that family.

Respected Contributor

Although some of you will not be watching, I feel certain that millions of others will be there to watch for you. The Duggers were very popular with many people and most of them will be anxious to see the sisters.  How can you blame two young women for the sins of one very sick young man? None of us can really know what was in the hearts of the parents.  Would you have been able to handle this situation to perfection, and have all your personal decisions been 100% correct? Might you want to protect your children?

I'm not a big fan of reality shows, so I think I might have watched the Dugger family for a total of about half an hour once. I thought the two girls involved were lovely and sweet.  Of course they miss the money - wouldn't you?  But I wonder if they don't miss the good feelings people had toward them before this story hit the fan.  I've just never felt justified in casting the first stone or in condemning the child for the sins of the sibling/parents.

One of my Dad's best lessons to me was that when you point your finger at someone else there are three poointing back at you.

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I don't understand what on earth makes this family so fascinating?  I have absolutely no interest in them and feel their 15 minutes of fame has stretched uncomfortably  on too long as it is.....  Woman Indifferent 

I think viewers watched it, because the very large family seemed so perfect. 

Trusted Contributor

If people watch they will keep coming back. It gets tiring to hear of this family. Enough is enough. They are not the perfect family as they portrayed themselves. It's money money. This family gave the viewers a fantasy tale of a perfect family life. So many fell for it.

Esteemed Contributor

It is the dumbing down of America I am afraid...

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I personally will voice my opinion thru not watching.  As long as there's an audience, this family will remain in the public eye.   

That's one way but the best way is to learn what station/channel will be airing the shows and email them your opinion. 

I really think those girls must be wacko to honestly want to be on a show and imagine the public wants to view them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust