Honored Contributor

Re: Leonardo Decaprio Donated 1 Million

Believe it or not, there is an abundance of money floating around, and I'm very happy when someone 'over here' helps the animals 'over there'.  My guess is that there wouldn't be any animals left 'over there' with the exception of those used for hunting.  And, BTW, why kill the animal for tusks?  Can't the tusks be safely and partially removed without hurting the elephant/animal?  Of course, I don't know anything about tusks, if they are pain sensitive, etc.  Keep in mind that I don't believe in the ivory business at all.  Just a thought re: an alternative, instead of actually shooting elephants for tusks.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

When Mr. DiCaprio  moved into my  neighborhood of Old Las Palmas in Palm Springs he came around and introduced himself and said how glad he was to purchase a home here and hoped he could help in doing charity events the way Barry Manilow does. 

Honored Contributor

biancardi wrote:

occasionalrain wrote:

How do you expect him to get to film locations to earn the million?

Private jets are small, use less fuel than the huge ones used to fly people to their vacations. 

agreed.  I do not know why people harp on this all the time.

We all try and do the best we can, doesn't mean that we are perfect in all of our endeavors.

Agree with you both.  Thanks for bringing out that point, OR!

Doing something, especially something of that magnitude, is certainly better than doing nothing.  So, kudos to Mr DiCaprio!

Anybody who loves animals can't be all bad.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Spoiler

Wonderful.  I hope his generosity inspires others.  I love it when celebrities put their names and money into worthy causes.

Esteemed Contributor

@sdcowboy wrote:

When Mr. DiCaprio  moved into my  neighborhood of Old Las Palmas in Palm Springs he came around and introduced himself and said how glad he was to purchase a home here and hoped he could help in doing charity events the way Barry Manilow does. 

Getting an "insiders point of view helps. Public persona can be quite different from the private person. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Besides being a stellar fellow, he's hot.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it seems as if no good deed goes uncriticized. We're all hypocrites (although I don't think there's anything remotely critical about his mode of travel. But thankfully, some of us have the ability, the means, and the desire to make this world better.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Team Leonardo DiCaprio!  BTW, what a fabulous name!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

At least he is doing something positive and trying to save the elephants. He has always been concerned about the environment and is very proactive about it.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Jackaranda, I think he deserves to have a big ego!