Respected Contributor

Re: Leonardo Decaprio Donated 1 Million

I think it is wonderful he is supporting animals. I hope he inspires other celebrities to give as well.  He seems very involved with causes and I like that about him. At least, he is not just self-involved. 

Esteemed Contributor

He also contributes alot to helping with ocean pollution. What a great way to spend your money.  He's always been one of my favorites.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Celebrities HAVE to donate large sums of money to good causes . Otherwise, they would have to pay a lot of tax money on that income!

Better to donate, do some good, and come off smelling like a rose !  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Celebrities HAVE to donate large sums of money to good causes . Otherwise, they would have to pay a lot of tax money on that income!

Better to donate, do some good, and come off smelling like a rose !  Woman Happy

I try to be a "glass half full" kind of person.

Why not just celebrate the fact the generous donation goes to a good cause rather than search around for a way to spin the charitable act in a negative way?

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I try to be a "glass half full" kind of person.

Why not just celebrate the fact the generous donation goes to a good cause rather than search around for a way to spin the charitable act in a negative way?

I am very sorry but you read my comment with the wrong idea. And I don't see that as a negative, some people don't realize that contributions are often used for tax shelters. There is NOTHING wrong with it! It does the cause good!

I adore him and think it is wonderful that he does this.

I was giving out information, YOU turned it into a negative with your surely remark .

Really...some people!

Have a nicer day, somewhere. Woman Wink

BTW:    In this instance, I believe smelling like a rose is a wonderful thing!  Evidently  you don't.

Honored Contributor

Yes, people donate to reduce their tax burden,  some donate to political parties, some to questionable religious organizations. I don't find that at all commendable.  

Tax shelters are a whole other thing that is available to those wanting to reduce their taxes.

Esteemed Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Better for those who slamthose  who donate for the common good to deflect their shortcomings. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

happy daze,  this is so disturbing, had no idea this was going on , makes me just sick!  I will never understand how humans can be so heartless and without compassion.  The world is  bad place when innocent animals are not allowed to exist and live there lives unharmed by people .  It truly  )hurts my heart.