Respected Contributor

Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended by WNYC after inappropiate conduct allegations

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended at WNYC after sexual misconduct allegations

Who??????

Never heard of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended by WNYC after sexual misconduct allegations

Yes, I saw that.  We don't listen to NPR, so the only reason I know who Jonathan Schwartz is, is from other venues.  Hubby and I are huge Sinatra fans, and so is Jonathan Schwartz.  He is knowledgeable about what they call "The Great American Songbook", and in fact, is the son of famed songwriter, Arthur Schwartz.

I was so sorry to hear it.  They seem to be tight-lipped about the details so far, or has more come out about it?

Valued Contributor

Re: Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended at WNYC after sexual misconduct allegations

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Who??????

Never heard of them.

@Plaid Pants2  To say that Jonathan Schwartz is an institution in NY radio is probably an understatement.  Very, very well known in this area.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended by WNYC after inappropiate conduct allegations

NY area, definitely know Jonathan from years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz suspended by WNYC after inappropiate conduct allegations

@Plaid Pants2. Good thing you asked!!!

Yet another non-event 😎

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judy0330 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Who??????

Never heard of them.

@Plaid Pants2  To say that Jonathan Schwartz is an institution in NY radio is probably an understatement.  Very, very well known in this area.

@judy0330  @Justice4all   @Plaid Pants2

Well, while that may be true,  the entire QVC message board community doesn't reside somewhere in New York State, so it would be nice if people would not expect others to have to read their minds .....  and provide enough information so we know who the heck they are talking about!   sheesh 

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@judy0330 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Who??????

Never heard of them.

@judy0330  @Justice4all   @Plaid Pants2

Well, while that may be true,  the entire QVC message board community doesn't reside somewhere in New York State, so it would be nice if people would not expect others to have to read their minds .....  and provide enough information so we know who the heck they are talking about!   sheesh 

Ummmmm........  I believe I was answering the question asked by Plaid Pants2.  I certainly understand why someobody who is not from the NY area would not know.  Sheesh to you too.

Honored Contributor

@judy0330

Sorry I didn't make myself clear to you. 

I was referring to anyone who starts a thread ....  they should be clear who they are talking about.  It's not up to you (or any other poster) to have to explain what the OP actually meant.   That's not unreasonable.