Respected Contributor

Re: Len Goodman Not Judging On Dancing With the Stars This Season

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

I love the show. I don't take the judging all that seriously. It's just an entertainment show. And, obviously we (the audience) don't always vote based on any real dancing criteria. It's as much a popularity contest with us. I am very relieved that no Jenners are participating.

dusty1,  You said you are very relieved that no jenners are participating.    It was done before when Cher's son danced.  He was a she at birth.

What was done before? I don't like the Jenner. I never liked the Jenner. I don't care about his transgender-ness. It has nothing to do with Chaz.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1,    I didn't take your post as only meaning Bruce Jenner (he's still Bruce to me).

There's Kylie and the other one whose name i forgot, and I also took your post to mean the Kardashians as well.

But we don't know  for sure that they won't be on, do we?  I don't think this season's "star" (I use the term very loosely) has been announced yet, has it?

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching long ago.  I just don't like the TV Audience picking the winner.  I know it is all part of the hype but Len is a true judge and judges should make the final decision in my opinion.   Of course my take is different since I am a dancer.  I will miss Len.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Dusty1,    I didn't take your post as only meaning Bruce Jenner (he's still Bruce to me).

There's Kylie and the other one whose name i forgot, and I also took your post to mean the Kardashians as well.

But we don't know  for sure that they won't be on, do we?  I don't think this season's "star" (I use the term very loosely) has been announced yet, has it?

Stars (!) will be announced on Sept 2. I did read that Scott Disick was a possible "star". I did mean mostly Bruce. I just can't handle that whiney, self centered personality. They would have to have Tony as the partner. He always gets the whiners, like Kate Gosselin. LOL

Honored Contributor

I also will miss him.

I read that they will have guests filling in  and not replace him full time.

I wonder when we will know who they will be?

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I also will miss him.

I read that they will have guests filling in  and not replace him full time.

I wonder when we will know who they will be?

That's in the link I posted above -- maybe that's where you read it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I hope they don't replace Len.  Three judges is enough.  I record the shows and then fast forward through some of  judges comments as well as Erin asking them some question before the scores.  Too much talking. 

aubegirl,  I do the same thing.   Too much time is spent on the judges giving their views.  Gosh; we watched the dancers dance, we have our own view points.   Would be a different thing to do is let the guest in the room vote by pushing a button.   I have been in theaters where we were connected up with wires while we watched the movie.  They got the real emotions of how we were feeling while we watched the movie.   So go with the same idea, and vote that way.  Programs ....all programs.... need to rework and change the program so people will not stop watching the same old thing all the time.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dusty1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Dusty1 wrote:

I love the show. I don't take the judging all that seriously. It's just an entertainment show. And, obviously we (the audience) don't always vote based on any real dancing criteria. It's as much a popularity contest with us. I am very relieved that no Jenners are participating.

dusty1,  You said you are very relieved that no jenners are participating.    It was done before when Cher's son danced.  He was a she at birth.

What was done before? I don't like the Jenner. I never liked the Jenner. I don't care about his transgender-ness. It has nothing to do with Chaz.

dusty1,   It is the same thing.   Chaz was a she and now is a he.  Jenner was a he and now a she.   Same thing.   So it has been done where a transgender danced with the stars program.  

Honored Contributor

len will be missed for sure! LOVE bruno.....he is so fun and loveable and really creates some laughs and smiles. carrie ann is fine, but i dont care for julianne at all. i would love to see mary murphy (from so you think you can dance) become a judge!

while we are at it, i would not mind if erin was replaced.......not sure why they got rid of brooke? loved when leah remini replaced erin for an episode.

looking forward to hearing who the new stars will be for the upcoming season.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't know why they replaced Brooke.  I liked her too.

I don't mind Erin.  Leah was definitely better though.