Honored Contributor

Re: Legitimate jobs working from home?

Sykes Work at Home has a good reputation. I've been with them since March.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Some of the insurance companies, like United Health care, have people who call patients to see how they are after a hospitalization or "just because".  I had a friend who did that for years.  I also know a few people who work from home, but drive to patients houses to check on them.  They make their own appointments so are home or out visiting as they want / need

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor works for Amazon from home. She's a customer service rep.

She says all day long people call her up and yell at her about sloooow shipping, lost packages, late packages, ripped open packages, wrong colors, wrong sizes/poor fit, wrong billing, blah blah blah complaint complaint complaint.

Some days I'll be sitting outside with my phone, perusing the QVC forums. She'll ask, "What are they complaining about on QVC today?"

I say "sloooow shipping, lost packages, late packages, ripped open packages, wrong colors, wrong sizes/poor fit, wrong billing, blah blah blah, complaint complaint complaint.

Funny how many also say it's NOT like that and they never have a problem when they shop with Amazon.

She thinks that's hilarious!!!

Respected Contributor

check out flex jobs.com.  It's a legit site. I found out about it when I was unemployed from the recruiter! All of the jobs have been verified. You do have to subscribe, but try it for a month, very cheap. The subscription gets you access to all of the nationwide to local jobs in your area. Some are permanent others like contract work. 

'Hope this helps!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't felt the need or urge to work outside the home since retirement...yet, anyway. Who knows what the future will hold? I have done a little freelance writing though. My most recent was another piece in a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. It doesn't pay much ($200 per story, if accepted) and 10 free copies of the book. Just a little extra pin money...and keeps my brain active!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli