Esteemed Contributor

Re: Learned an old friend of mine is sick

Hope your friend mends well.  It is hard for you too when you look back.  But you both have good memories.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Witchy Woman,

What a compassionate heart you have for your very good friend.  I could sense how deeply you care for her and how much you hurt for her from your sensitively written post. 

Of course I hope that her MS somehow recedes, that she heals from her two falls and that she can be reunited with her husband and dog soon.  Sometimes when things are unrelentingly tough, all we can see is doom and nothingness.

May her ankles heal quickly and completely and may life show her joyful moments again.  I bet your conversation warmed her soul.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman So sorry to hear about your dear friend. It's wonderful that she has a friend like you who cares so much.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to everyone.  

What weighs heaviest on my heart is the idea that this plays out for almost everyone if we live long enough.  Seeing a friend, or family member declining is just so painful.  We struggle to make sense of it.

All we can do is try to be supportive and hold tight to the happy memories from the past.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

This is exactly what I am scared in my life, having no children and no one will be by myside when I will be old and vulnerable with my heavy load of my past!

I can understand why you might be scared, but there is no guarantee that children would stand by you when you're old or vulnerable. I've never had children, and don't regret it. I try not to think about future events when I can't control them anyway. 

Hoping that everything works out for you.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw 

@Dinaki 

So right about children not always being supportive, but many things in life don't turn out the way we would like.

No children for me either, and no regrets.

I've tried to plan for things that might come along in my future that would require help from others, but, truth is, we just don't know until we get there.

Nevertheless, I have many blessings, large and small, that I try to focus on daily.  It's a work in progress for sure.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

You are such a good, kind friend.  

The disease your friend has is a very tough, scary one.  I hope you are able to be there for her with an occasional card, or call; they mean so much.

Growing Old is Not For Sissies!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman ...I am so very sorry to read of your dear friend...Your friendship goes back a long way and will remain so very special to both of you...As helpless as you may feel, your special friendship and just being there for her and staying in touch will mean the world to her and will be a blessing as she goes through this difficult time. 

Sending ((((((Hugs)))))) Heart 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I am sorry for your friend, I hope she can get home soon.

I live in a small town and know some of my parents schoolmates....I rarely see them now... because of covid, but also they are up there in years, late 80's, early 90 years of age.  My parents have been gone for many years so I remember them in their late 60's (mom)  and dad in his early 70's....it is so hard to see their friends age.