Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leah is so good at her job

@Hooty wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Just a matter of opinion.  I don't care for her at all.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I like Leah very much, and I think maybe maturity has something to do with it!  I just cannot stand some of the young ones with their baby talk voices and laughing and giggling, very unprofessional IMO!

I don't think age is the problem. Shawn is very much of age and more. 

The other 2 major shopping channels have 26 year old ladies that are very beautiful, professional and know the product.  

It was embarrasing to see Q on SNL presenting the poncho, it makes me feel stupid to say I shop there. 

Respected Contributor

ita and i think she has really grown over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally like Leah, as a host and as a person.  I also like the fact she never brags about what she has.  It's so crass when a few hosts go on and on, bragging about what they own.  It hits a nerve with me, can you tell?  Not professional at all.

Trusted Contributor

I thoroughly enjoy Leah.  I think she is one of the best hosts on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

I've always liked her but on Saturday I thought I would go crazy if she said just one more time, 'this is the only time you will ever see these D&C jeans at this low a price. Ever. They will never be sold any lower than this for one whole year.' She just kept saying it. I couldn't listen another minute and switched the channel. I mean, I couldn't care less about the whole year, anyway. Just the lowest price I can get TODAY!!

Honored Contributor

she is the only that never talks about her personal life other than a vacation of minor things. 

I like that about her, but sometimes she just looses her train of thought and I find that distracting, I will take her over some of the others

Trusted Contributor

Leah is such a pleasant host to watch. I love her presentations . Never rushing or over talking the vendor. One of the better hosts.

Honored Contributor

I think Leah does much better when she has a guest than she does on her own.    

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Just a matter of opinion.  I don't care for her at all.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I like Leah very much, and I think maybe maturity has something to do with it!  I just cannot stand some of the young ones with their baby talk voices and laughing and giggling, very unprofessional IMO!

Exactly my point.  However, for me I don't judge on "maturity" ... it's the actual presentation of the product.  A host should be focused and maintain a train of thought and not stumble over their words to keep my interest.  If it's unpleasant watching the host who can't do that, then that's when it becomes annoying to listen to them.

I also don't judge the hosts on their age; those being "young ones" you mentioned.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Leah does her fair share of giggling especailly Sat....AM Style.