Respected Contributor

Leah, AM Style, this morning is presenting fashions outside.  I am not sure she is totally happy about it.  I heard her say a few years ago that she hated presenting from outside.  Aready she had a problem with reaction to the artificial snow and I saw some kind of a bug fly into her hair (not sure she knew of it).  She is a trooper, however.  Presenting a beautiful show regardless.  Always love Leah.

Respected Contributor

Re: Leah Outside This Morning

Leah does a great job no matter what but the lighting seems challenging as far as showing colors. 

Contributor

Not only is the lighting an issue, but the occasional airplane  has to be giving sound folks a fit!

Respected Contributor

@tobes  Why would they have her outside, the lighting is not good, and especially if she is uncomfortable with being outside? The sun/shade lighting is not flattering to the product (you can see the wrinkles on the piece Leah is wearing).  Didn't they just make a new set with lots of different backgrounds?

It makes me cold watching her outside....

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Actually, I'm also in the mid-Atlantic area and it's a lovely morning.  Not overly cold.  I think the setting is great for showing the TSV.  There was a point when the sun was a factor, but she pointed that out and they relocated the items. And even it if's cold, I wouldn't be surprised if they had patio heaters out there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tobes 

No matter what the circumstances Leah always does such an EXCELLENT job as a QVC host !!!! ...... One example this morning outside was when she was concerned the TV viewer couldnt see the colors well because of the lighting and sun reflection and had them move the clothing so people could get a better view....

And I love how she meets with the vendors the day before the show to learn all about the product she will be presenting...From what some of the other hosts say they give the products a quick "look see" right before the show and you can tell the difference in the presentations......THANK YOU LEAH!!!

And that fake snow was a bit much...😄😄😄❄❄❄❄⛄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I saw of the portion of the show that I recorded earlier, Leah did her usual sterling job.

For me, it is always a special moment when Tova is on.  She is everything that Leah said about her this morning.  It struck me as I listened to Leah and then Tova that the two of them were presenting a free master-class in salesmanship.  The two are phenomenally talented at giving a sales pitch.

They are convincing without being slick or having the markings of a gooey salesman.

I love both of them! 

Respected Contributor

I a firm believer that you could suit Leah up in FULL SCUBA GEAR, drop her into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean - and that STAR PERFORMER would still do a far better job than virtually all of her coworkers.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the show, but want to add that I think Leah is a Class Act!   Far superior to other QVC hosts.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt