Trusted Contributor

Re: Lays Summer Flavor Special Edition Chips

I saw some of them in one of our Walmarts yesterday.  Thought they looked interesting, but didn't buy any.  They are the thinner bags, not sure of the size.  They are a bit smaller than the regular size, not family size.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me but.... I want my chip to ADD flavor to my chicken sandwich, NOT to taste like chicken.  That said, the Chinese and Indian flavors are right up my flavor alley, so.. I WILL be giving them a try.

My family, however, just looked at me when I read the flavors to them..... don't think they'll try them, lolololol.

More for me! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Weird, I just got a mini bag of these at the store (they were giving them away for free)- I hadn't heard of them before and normally don't eat things like this but thought I'd try them. I got the Tikka Masala flavor as I love Indian food. It is...interesting. Tastes alot like their regular BBQ chips (which I dont like at all) with a few Indian spices thrown in. I could only eat a few and then I was done. It was okay but I wouldn't buy any. Why do they have to add sugar to chips?? yuck.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Noel7 this literally made me laugh out loud as where I live we'll be lucky to see these "summer" chips before the end of fall . . . maybe.

I don't know what it is but around here they never show up.  I even asked Lay's guy and he couldn't explain it either but I do appreciate hearing about the latest flavors as for me potato chips are almost a food group in of themselves . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I haven't tried these yet, but am scared that I would love them! The chip variety is a bit overwhelming. When I was little we had our choice of reg, wavy, bbq, and then the newest flavor - sour cream & onion.....it was hard to choose even back then! 

Respected Contributor

I bought a bag of the Tzatziki (blue bag) for my husband. He said he did not care for them; he prefers plain chips, but they are disappearing and I have not had any.  

Honored Contributor

I liked the Masala chips better than the Greek ones.

I make my own Masala cashews or other nuts with Masala seasoning from Penzeys. I roast them in the oven...yum!

Respected Contributor

Amazon has them all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@terrier3 wrote:

I liked the Masala chips better than the Greek ones.

I make my own Masala cashews or other nuts with Masala seasoning from Penzeys. I roast them in the oven...yum!

Hi @terrier3, do you add oil before roasting them?  What temperature do you roast them at and for how long?

Thank you!

eta:  I know I could Google this but I would like to hear how you do it . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Has anybody checked out the other flavors that Lay's has, for its Asian markets?

There's Lay's Rock Hot Chili Squid Potato Chips, Lay's Maxx Spicy Seafood - Shrip, Crab, Squid with Thai Seafood Sauce, Lay's Potato Chips Lobster Choochee Flavor.

Yum! (Not!)