Honored Contributor

Lawsuit spells out tumultuous time during HSN and QVC merger

some of you may remember this story back mid year. "HSN Bans ‘Used-Car Salesmen,’ ‘Yellers’ and ‘Hijackers’ From Network"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/HSN-Bans-Used-Car-Salesmen-Yellers-and-Hijackers-From-Ne...

well, it looks like it has turned into a lawsuit!

"Gordie Daniels, the former HSN talent manager at the company’s St. Petersburg campus, says he was fired for sending an email asking its stars to adjust their acts even though he says his bosses approved the wording. The lawsuit from the Tampa resident describes turmoil between the networks as they came together under parent company Qurate Retail Group."

Lawsuit spells out tumultuous time during HSN and QVC merger (via tampa bay times)

http://www.tampabay.com/business/lawsuit-spells-out-tumultuous-time-during-hsn-and-qvc-merger-201812...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Lawsuit spells out tumultuous time during HSN and QVC merger

Since when does QVC care if guests talk over the 

hosts? 😀

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody can take criticism anymore. Even when it’s deserved.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Susan Graver didn't get that memo.  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Seriously, Q executives criticizing HSN guests for this behavior?  What hypocrites.  Get your own house in order first.

Honored Contributor

I can think of at least one Q vendor ,who needs to read this ,and tone it down a lot...I rarely watch, but I will never watch this person

Honored Contributor

As I recall when we first discussed this, I and many others said he was being used as a scapegoat and would pay the price because his bosses didn't want to be held accountable for approving the memo,.

Looks like we were right.  I have no doubt it was improved and was discussed by many in upper management. They threw Gordie under the bus  like so many often are. 

All that said, kinda hypocritical for QVC to say HSN needs to reign in their people. Please *insert eyeroll*

Honored Contributor

It looks like this is just a sour grapes from single disgruntled employee. 

Honored Contributor

As someone who's been through company buyouts 3 times in the past decade, you are their new toy and it is beyond frustrating to take the brunt of their mistakes for a year or more and be blamed for it.  Boy do I get it.

You are always expendable if you came with the place.  I feel for him.  It's no fun trying to get through a corporate buyout and I hope he has something in emails to teach companies that human resources are just that; humans who  deserve to be treated as such and not as a CYA go to in a moment of corporate crisis or miscommunication.