Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I like  that she does not sugar coat anything....like Fauci and Birx does.  She states THE FACTS AS THEY ARE.  That is what we need. 

That might be what some need. Others need their 'facts' accompanied by at least a ray of hope...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I like  that she does not sugar coat anything....like Fauci and Birx does.  She states THE FACTS AS THEY ARE.  That is what we need. 

That might be what some need. Others need their 'facts' accompanied by at least a ray of hope...

Would you rather all the experts in the various scientific institutions (that you label with the old partisan jargon "ivory tower") just move on to other things and stop trying to find a cure?

If hope is the most important thing, then action to solve any of the problems is really not that important. I can sit here and hope for dinner instead of going and making it. Which is more likely to get me any dinner?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  and @Anonymous032819 -

You misunderstood my post.  I stated that not everyone fritters their money away and buys coffee at Starbucks --  Low wage jobs do make it impossible for people to do more than just live paycheck to paycheck.  Any many people DO live within their means, or even below their means.

But many DO fritter their money away in ways they don't even realize, and I suggested tightening their belts for a couple of years - not for the rest of their lives.

People definitely DO need to enjoy the ride and not deprive themselves of some of life's pleasures, or put their life on hold until they retire, or the kids are gone, etc. etc.  

And, many people DO have a "rainy day fund" - I was not speaking of everybody, and was only giving my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue -

I understand what you are saying. 

I was not commenting on anyone in particular, more agreeing with and responding to@Anonymous032819 post.

I agree also there are many people who definitely can put money away.

And of course many who never can.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@DottieBlue -

I understand what you are saying. 

I was not commenting on anyone in particular, more agreeing with and responding to@Anonymous032819 post.

I agree also there are many people who definitely can put money away.

And of course many who never can.

Thank you for your reply.  

Wishing you Blessings and good health.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laurie Garrett

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I like  that she does not sugar coat anything....likeFaucii andBirxx does.  She states THE FACTS AS THEY ARE.  That is what we need. 

Would you rather all the experts in the various scientific institutions (that you label with the old partisan jargon "ivory tower") just move on to other things and stop trying to find a cure?

If hope is the most important thing, then action to solve any of the problems is really not that important. I can sit here and hope for dinner instead of going and making it. Which is more likely to get me any dinner?

See, there goes that little reading comprehension thing again... Did anyone say hope was the most important thing? I don't think so... Moreover, note, 'others need their facts accompanied by at least a ray of hope' would, to most, signify the desire for a blending thereof... Finally, references made to 'ivory tower' were pretty clearly not remotely directed toward efforts made by legitimate scientists... Do you intentionally misconstrue other people's comments and consistently engage in hyperbole to ramp up the drama? One has to wonder...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...