Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

To those referencing something crazy, I didn's see it but will probably read about later. I purposely grant myself social distancing in this regard. :-)  Clicking it off is good for the soul.

Sometimes I do click off.  But today was Must See T.V.

Or maybe thinking so is a character flaw..........

Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have read about Garrett and find her creds exceptionally worthy.

After just finished listening to a whole lot of crazy, I really need to hear from others like Garrett or CDC or other scientists or anyone who can impart information that is based in reality.  Right now, this minute, I just want to cry.  Should have left the mute on.

I don't watch crazy people on TV. If I need to know about what any particular crazy person did most recently to endanger millions, I can hear about it secondhand. Direct crazy is too much like an assault.

But "crazy" sells hats.

Honored Contributor

The most interesting people I have heard speak on this subject since we first became engulfed by it (and I've listened to a LOT) have been Laurie Garrett, Bill Gates, and this past Sunday, Fareed Zakaria.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laurie Garrett

[ Edited ]

Well before you take to heart any "prophecies" or "predictions" from this scientist......Interesting info from a Scientfic Journal---National Center For Biotechnology Information--

It is currently impossible to predict the emergence of a future pandemic other than to strongly suspect that one will eventually occur, or to predict when or where a future pandemic will occur, what subtype it will be, and what degree of morbidity and mortality it will produce.

To me its like saying....hey I know there will be hurricanes in Florida, but when, how many, and how severe one can only estimate and guess....To me that sums up these predictions by Laurie Garrett....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Well before you take to heart any "prophecies" or "predictions"......Interesting info from a Scientfic Journal---National Center For Biotechnology Information--

It is currently impossible to predict the emergence of a future pandemic other than to strongly suspect that one will eventually occur, or to predict when or where a future pandemic will occur, what subtype it will be, and what degree of morbidity and mortality it will produce.

To me its like saying....hey I know there will be hurricanes in Florida, but when, how many, and how severe one can only estimate and guess....To me that sums up these predictions by Laurie Garrett....

She's a scientist, not a "prophet".

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Well before you take to heart any "prophecies" or "predictions"......Interesting info from a Scientfic Journal---National Center For Biotechnology Information--

She's a scientist, not a "prophet".

@QueenDanceALot 

I was being sarcastic...  Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Well before you take to heart any "prophecies" or "predictions" from this scientist......Interesting info from a Scientfic Journal---National Center For Biotechnology Information--

@Spurt, "other than to strongly suspect that will eventually occur." That's exactly what she and others in the field have been warning us about for quite some time now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

"People should have 6 - 8 months worth of money saved for emergencies" .

Here is the cold, hard un-sugarcoated truth, since that's what people want to hear.

lot of people CAN'T save up that kind of money, because they don't have it in the first place!

When you are starting off living paycheck to paycheck, and barely making ends meet, you don't have the luxury (and yes, that's exactly what it is. A luxury) to save 6 - 8 months worth.

And do not feed me that line of b.s. where "if there's a will, there's a way" .

You wanted the truth to not be sugarcoated?

There's your un-sugarcoated truth.

And if someone can't see that, then maybe they need to come down off of that ivory tower that they've been living in, and mingle with us "peasants" , for a little bit of a reality check.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Shouldn't be spreading "prophet" stuff.  

Laurie Garrett is a respected sceintist and award winning journalist. She is as respected as Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx.  She is often the expert on the Virus as Fauci and Birx. 

So not a prophet or mystic or seer. 

Even a a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know when this woman made her prediction but a global pandemic has been predicted for years and years.  It's unlikely she was the first.

Garrett graduated with honors University of California, Santa Cruz, where she received a B.S. in biology in 1975.  She attended graduate school in the Department of Bacteriology and Immunology at University of California, Berkeley and did research at Stanford University with Leonard Herzenberg during her PhD studies.

She is highly regarded as a expert on Pandemics and along with many scientists, predicted this Pandemic.  That is why there was a Pandemic Team set up in the WH and also there was a Pandemic Playbook for this very circumstance.

@Bhvbum  Wait. What exactly did/does she have to do with the WH pandemic team and playbook?  Are you saying these things are in place because of her 1994 “prediction”?

Keepin' it real.