Super Contributor

Lauren Bacall died yesterday.

Sadly, the beautiful Lauren Bacall, 89, died from a stroke yesterday. What lovely memories she has left us.

So sad after the suicide of James Brady and then along with the news of Robin William's suicide as well.

So much to pray about.

These three were such wonderful and admirable people.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lauren Bacall died yesterday.

I read the coroner's report to say, Brady passed as a result of the gun shot he'd received in 1981, in the attempt on President Reagan. Not suicide. Right?

Respected Contributor

On 8/13/2014 qualitygal said:

I read the coroner's report to say, Brady passed as a result of the gun shot he'd received in 1981, in the attempt on President Reagan. Not suicide. Right?

That's right. James Brady did NOT commit suicide. RIP

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

There are multiple threads on the boards about Lauren Becall lol..

and goodness James Brady did not commit suicide - please lets make sure we are relaying correct facts.

Honored Contributor

RIP lovely lady!

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

I just don't get the big deal about her. I'm 66 and she just never appealed to me, nor did Bogart. RIP however.

Respected Contributor

Never cared for her nor Bogart either, Love but she seems to have kept her popularity for a long time so apparently had a lot of faithful fans. I hope she maintained her health till the end; reaching 90 years is quite a gift after all.

Honored Contributor

Lauren bacall was so beautiful. And she had a good long life.

I agree with all those who said James Brady did not commit suicide - he died as a result of the bullet wound he received many years ago in an attempt to assassinate Ronald Reagan.

Honored Contributor

They say deaths always come in threes. Jamed Brady , Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall.

Having just recently had a death in our family it is a bit scary to think there could be 2 more.

Super Contributor

In the early 1980's, I lived in New York city for a short time. Lauren Bacall was acting on Broadway during that time and she had quite a reputation of being difficult. Evidently they didn't call her "The Beast of Broadway" for no good reason. I never liked her much; in her own autobiography she admitted she just couldn't shake her tendency to pursue married men.

Yeah yeah, I know, speaking ill of the dead, etc. I'm sure she has plenty of defenders and that wherever she is, she couldn't possibly care what the great unwashed (i.e., us) thought about her.