Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Duffek is back as a host at Evine!

[ Edited ]

Oh my, Laura Duffek and I go back a long way.  I am delighted to know she is back.  I watched her from the days when Evine was Shop NBC and then she, Karen and another gal whose name I can't recall, left to start their own show.  Unfortunately it didn't last and I kept watching for Laura on other channels.  

One day, out of the blue there she was on JTV pitching bracelets of which I bought one and still have it.  It wasn't long after that, that she was no longer on the air, but the fellow, Tim I think it was, who used to sell watches at Shop NBC was also at JTV and he too eventually went back to Shop NBC.  I got this brainstorm and sent him a note asking what happened to Laura and if he knew where she was.  Well, he got back to me, told me she was off the show and would see what he could do to find her.

Sorry this is so long but it is a great story.  He contacted someone who got back to him and he then contacted Laura and told her I was looking for her, and gave her my e-mail address.  Lo and behold she contacted me and we communicated for a long time, I still have all the e-mails which I printed.   She told me she was happy to get the job at JTV but sadly they began to lay people off and since she was one of the last hires she was one of the first to go.  I suggested she contact QVC but I don't know if she ever did.

As for Karen Connolly, she was never a favorite of mine and Laura made some comments that indicated Karen was a problem but didn't go into it.  Anyway, Laura finally got her foot in the door at Shop NBC again (can't remember if it was another name at that time) and I was thrilled for her.  What I didn't like was that they didn't include her name and picture as a host even though she was hosting the lamps and bedding shows.   She is a true professional and Evine is very lucky to have her back.  Oh and Charla, boy did I love her, she had a way of lighting up the show and making it delightful to watch.  There is a lot of history with these home shopping networks.  Please excuse any grammatical errors, I did proofread it twice but sometimes I miss things. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Duffek is back as a host at Evine!

@Lindsays Grandma 

How nice that you stayed in touch with Laura!

I really enjoyed her as a host on any show.  She was always fun and funny without being over the top. 

Her presentations were relevant and professional.  And, she seemed such a kind person.

Glad to know she will be back.

I watched Value Vision when Karen C. and Charla were on.  Both unique hosts.  Charla used to do a lot of Isomers shows. 

There was also another young woman on many years back....I forget her name.....but she used to say, "work it like a second job" during her presentations.

It made me laugh Cat LOL  But I never saw her again after she left VV.