Honored Contributor

Re: Laughed At A Magazine I Saw Today!

@Porcelain Now THAT'S funny!!

Honored Contributor

Is it a magazine for female gardeners?  But, seriously surely you know that it's perfectly legally in many places.  There are dispensaries, shops, bakeries, cafes.  Businesses that cater to and sell the products are growing in leaps and bounds.  It doesn't surprise me that there would be a magazine for women.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Preds 

Too funny!

I've smoked since I was about 17, I'm 67 now and still do.

As far as gaining weight, I'm 5'3" and weigh 110 lbs. and I don't diet or 'work out'.

Never have had zits (blemishes), so no effect there.

And no, it doesn't make me 'forget my daily problems', but it sure helps me deal with them in a calm, rational way, rather than freaking out over them and sleepless nights.

That's only MY truth about 'THIS Woman and Weed', LOL!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one helped by this.  I did smoke it when I was young and probably into the 1990s.   Then I wasn't around anybody from whom I could get it so I didn't have access.

Then, a few years ago, we voted it legal here.  After the crowds, I went to my first weed store.   Such a different experience, being over 60 and doing it again, now legally.

I have myriad physical and mental challenges and it has helped me tremendously.   I don't get pain relief, like when you take a pain med, but I find I can put myself on a different plane in my brain where I'm not relating to the pain receptors.

But, mentally - man!   It has helped me so much that the difference is profound.  No, it doesn't make the problems I'm dealing with go away but it takes me outside my head enough that I can actually not feel horrible all the time.   That = Priceless!  

Sure, eating on weed is divine.  But I keep myself in check easily.  I'll eat the things I desire but in small quantities.  I'm not fat.  In fact, I've lost weight in the last 2 years since I started up with it.  It's not a den of iniquity or anything within a galaxy of that.   I never EVER leave my house if I've smoked weed that day.    I kind of plan things out, as I'm prone to do anyway.

I can go, in a hot second, from feeling full-on despondent to feeling just fine.   The laws are very intricate.  The people at the weed stores know what they're doing and it's always a great experience.  If that weren't enough, if you're over 50 you get a senior discount!   Smiley Happy

BTW, I don't sit around smoking it all day.  I do it at certain times with great specificity that contemplates what I'm going to be doing that day.  About the only time I've even done it before mid afternoon is if I get the jimmy legs.  Sometimes I get this dreadful physical anxiety and nothing seems to help but a hit or two off the bowl and it's GONE.    Otherwise, I also started taking Magnesium for that but it won't eliminate an episode whereas the weed will.   Thankfully, I don't get that very much since I went on the Magnesium but, man, I'd rather have my pain ratchet up than have that physical anxiety.  It used to keep me up, literally, all night sometimes.

I could go on, but I'll stop now.  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt 

Very well said and thanks so much for your honest evaluation of how it helps you, much respect to you.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@

Glad to hear I'm not the only one helped by this.  I did smoke it when I was young and probably into the 1990s.   Then I wasn't around anybody from whom I could get it so I didn't have access.

Then, a few years ago, we voted it legal here.  After the crowds, I went to my first weed store.   Such a different experience, being over 60 and doing it again, now legally.

I have myriad physical and mental challenges and it has helped me tremendously.   I don't get pain relief, like when you take a pain med, but I find I can put myself on a different plane in my brain where I'm not relating to the pain receptors.

But, mentally - man!   It has helped me so much that the difference is profound.  No, it doesn't make the problems I'm dealing with go away but it takes me outside my head enough that I can actually not feel horrible all the time.   That = Priceless!  

Sure, eating on weed is divine.  But I keep myself in check easily.  I'll eat the things I desire but in small quantities.  I'm not fat.  In fact, I've lost weight in the last 2 years since I started up with it.  It's not a den of iniquity or anything within a galaxy of that.   I never EVER leave my house if I've smoked weed that day.    I kind of plan things out, as I'm prone to do anyway.

I can go, in a hot second, from feeling full-on despondent to feeling just fine.   The laws are very intricate.  The people at the weed stores know what they're doing and it's always a great experience.  If that weren't enough, if you're over 50 you get a senior discount!   Smiley Happy

BTW, I don't sit around smoking it all day.  I do it at certain times with great specificity that contemplates what I'm going to be doing that day.  About the only time I've even done it before mid afternoon is if I get the jimmy legs.  Sometimes I get this dreadful physical anxiety and nothing seems to help but a hit or two off the bowl and it's GONE.    Otherwise, I also started taking Magnesium for that but it won't eliminate an episode whereas the weed will.   Thankfully, I don't get that very much since I went on the Magnesium but, man, I'd rather have my pain ratchet up than have that physical anxiety.  It used to keep me up, literally, all night sometimes.

I could go on, but I'll stop now.  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt ... Like I said ... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It helps you and that's all that matters.

I have friends dealing with severe health issues and it works wonders for them.  They didn't use it in their early years but do now.  I'm just happy that it gives them some relief.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Very well said and thanks so much for your honest evaluation of how it helps you, much respect to you.Heart

Thanks.  That's very kind.  Smiley Happy   I usually feel like I need to try and dispell the stuff that will, inevitably, come from the 'Reefer Madness' crowd with stuff like facts and reality.    I'm glad you also experience benefits.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@chickenbutt ... Like I said ... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It helps you and that's all that matters.

I have friends dealing with severe health issues and it works wonders for them.  They didn't use it in their early years but do now.  I'm just happy that it gives them some relief.

Thanks, Preds!   I'm glad your friends can have that relief, also.   It's really such a good thing that it's legal for so many of us and I wish it were for the entire country.   

What's nice is that the laws really make it where you can feel comfortable with what you are getting and it really takes so very little.  It also helps the state a great deal because, here anyway, the sales tax on it is much higher than the regular sales tax.

Respected Contributor

Looks like 'High Times' magazine will have some competition. I think the magazine is called, Women and Weed?

It seems to be a new addition to everything weed, that's going on now. Cool it speaks to women.  

Honored Contributor

women and weed magazine.jpg

there are other publications called BROCCOLI MAGAZINE and SWEET JANE MAGAZINE that some of you may be interested in also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein