Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laugh for the girls of the forum

@spumoni99 wrote:

Not only that but if they expect this while she is on maternity leave they are breaking the law and she is letting them abuse her which does not bode well for other women either.

@spumoni99  maybe she did not mention maternity leave. Working from home they expected her to start right away. Maybe she thought the baby would survive on it's own.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if the dad turns out to be a better parent than the mother.

Esteemed Contributor

Couldn't she just give the baby bottles? Formula? Personally, I would never breastfeed. Personal preference. 

Honored Contributor

The rate of stupidity in some, is beyond me.  A quote I heard recently " Common sense is now so rare, having it is like having a superpower".  Dave Ramsey said that. I think it's one of the best quotes I've heard in a long time.

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i would not leave a 3 month old infant to go to China for work and i don't understand how young women these days try to foist these things off on men. i know everything is supposed to be equal. haha i soon learned this and it was 44 yrs ago.   it is not equal when it comes to infants and she should realize this now.A man does not carry a child for 9 months. A man does not get the backaches, headaches, colds where you cannot take anything for sinuses,  heartburn, stretch marks, swollen feet, constipation, trotting 6 times a night to pee, numb ribs from a huge baby, rops and tears in the hoo hah... need i go

I don't understand what you are saying about foisting "these things off" on men. Would you mind explaining?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She needs find a new job.  The company she works for sounds callus to what child birth is all about.  I'd like to see some men at her company have babies.  OMG!  It's like her  company is saying you gave birth yesterday now run 50 miles.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So this is the guy who was writing a letter to his soon- to- be- mother of his baby?

And the people asking her to travel for work are men?

And the men (?) are this guy's parents/father?

And these men (?) are also the grandparents of this baby?

And the boyfriend is *fielding* these offers?

Way off topic, but I'll wonder out loud....I wonder how many women got pregnant (on the clock) whilst working from home?  lol

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm This story has the makings of a soap opera script.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Lucky Charm This story has the makings of a soap opera script.

It's most likely made up.