Esteemed Contributor

Re: Latest on Jacque Gonzales?

She said she had a vitamin D deficency and some personal issues. She is trying to get healthy. She was recording this from her car. I thought she sounded a little confused. She said she would be back in May and no she did not quit. She said CS had told someone she would not be coming back to work. She said to just let everyone know. Thanked everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD Jacque put up a 1-minute video on her FB and IG pages earlier this week, but still really did not go into any details.  Mainly she said she was without make-up and had a pimple on her forehead she was trying to cover (she looked adorable), and had dyed the tips of her hair purple.  She laughed at this and smiled a lot, and thanked everyone for their prayers and support.  She said she would be back hosting in May.  Less than an hour later, the video was taken down from both sites.  Don't know why, she didn't say anything in it really.  But she said what she wanted people to know, that she's doing fine.  That's enough.

I am not surprised they took it down. Let's just say she didn't seem like her usual self and leave it at that....

I'll be honest.  I found the video to be odd and it was a lot of rambling.  After I got done watching it, I wondered why it was even posted and what the point was.

I saw the video too and thought it was strange. It was a little over 5 minutes which was a long time to keep saying the same thing. It felt odd, rambling. I felt sort of embarrassed watching it. People were praising how she looked like a high school girl without makeup, but I don't know... there is a reason it was pulled. The purple hair, the pimple she kept mentioning... I don't know... I hope she is OK.

Honored Contributor

Hm, the whole thing sounds very odd.

Respected Contributor

The video I saw of her she was in her car. Maybe she was in her car to keep her home private. She is not at work so she would not be taping from her office at work. I would certainly want to maintain my privacy.

I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

In general, and not necessarily alluding to JG and/or this discussion:  I just ran across this site:  www.vitaminDcouncil.ORG  ..............  article: "Am I getting too much vitamin D?"   Interesting article.  Just FYI.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

because people have become paranoid about going out in the sun, many people have vitamin D deficiences these days and walk around not knowing it at all.

I found out from my cardiologist when I told him I was short of breath and my bones hurt. He ran the test and foubd my levels extremely low. I was prescribed mega dose of it and then maintenance dose when the levels came back to normal, I didn't miss a day of work. I would think there is something else going on in her life to miss this much time.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Valued Contributor

I'm just glad Jacque will be back soon.  I don't want to speculate on her why's & what-for's, anymore than I would want people to do that about me during my own times of illness in life.  We all get them, and we all have times when we aren't quite up to snuff.  The important thing is getting back to our lives & carrying on!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I hope she's ok, she seems like a very nice person. I didn't realize she was gone as I haven't been watching QVC a lot lately. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Jacque is a fabulous host, and I'll be glad to see her back.  Wishing her well.  Mary Beth, too.  Hope she is improving and well.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

I'm just glad Jacque will be back soon.  I don't want to speculate on her why's & what-for's, anymore than I would want people to do that about me during my own times of illness in life.  We all get them, and we all have times when we aren't quite up to snuff.  The important thing is getting back to our lives & carrying on!

Well said!