Valued Contributor

Latest Up-and-Coming Pastry Chef Is Just 8 Years Old

i {#emotions_dlg.wub} stories like this.

/></p> <p><span style= Taylor Moxey, a pastry chef from Miami, worked hard to build her baking business, starting by selling cupcakes at her church, which turned into private clients and winning a cornbread competition against other professional Miami-area chefs.

“Her mom and I gave her a loan of $40 and said she can pay it back. We were confident she’d make $40 but we thought that’d be the extent of it,” Moxey said. “But that Sunday at church she made $175 selling the cupcakes. We were blown away.”

Rather than buying the doll she had earned, Taylor chose to use the profits to buy business cards and start a real pastry business.

“She started passing the cards out as ‘Taylor the Chef,’” Moxey explained. “My phone number was on them, so people started calling, and all of a sudden I’m getting cupcake orders. And it’s just spiraled.”

/></p> <p style= cornbread competition winner ^^^

http://gma.yahoo.com/latest-coming-pastry-chef-just-8-years-old-155405490--abc-news-Recipes.html

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

Re: Latest Up-and-Coming Pastry Chef Is Just 8 Years Old

Wow - that's a great story.

Hope she continues with her dream...

Honored Contributor

You go girl!!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

she's got her own twitter page too.

https://twitter.com/taylorthechef

hard at work.

her pink kitchen aid is almost as adorable as her.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

The most important thing for her and her family is giving back.

A portion of Taylor's sales go to dyslexia awareness.

how great is that??

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel