Regular Contributor

Don't know about Lume, but since I was young I feared developing what I heard referred to as "old people smell".

I found an excellent product made of persimmon, produced first I believe in Japan - Mirai Clinical  Products.  Excellent soap and other products.  They don't do any advertising as far as I can tell and I can't remember how I came upon the product, they are excellent!

I so appreciate these products, especially in the 115 degree heat during a summer in Arizona.  My belief is that Mirai works really well!  This is a public service announcement from me to you all!

Contributor

Yeah, I'm confused...

Contributor

...Hello?  !950? Yeah, I know...things were a bit different back then. Huh? ok...hold on...let me check. Umm...does anyone out there remember how wonderful it was when....

Contributor

LoL!   Ok...Ok...agreed.  I didn't think about the carrot thing. That is equally as rediculous.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Dashh wrote:

LoL!   Ok...Ok...agreed.  I didn't think about the carrot thing. That is equally as rediculous.

Ok, now I'm confused.  I'll bite....what carrot thing?  Is this about Lume or an ED commercial?  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

The bent carrot is on an ED commercial. Silly. Lume commercials.. obnoxious. DH happened to see the Lume ad last night where she is putting the stuff on her rear end....I thought he was going to throw something at the tv...I handed him the remote instead. Tonight I saw a Taco Bell commercial that grossed me out. I think it's for a Mexican pizza and it showed people scraping the food out of the box with their nasty fingernails and cramming it into their mouths, sloppy  and disgusting. I have to wonder who "creates" these masterpieces and exactly who their demographic is...I am sure not part of it. Maybe it is just boomers who find these ads a turn off....maybe younger people love them.  I don't think I was ever young enough to love the Lume ones! 

Honored Contributor

I feel as most of you about Lume commercials.  But, strangely, I always pay attention when that lady comes on, wondering what outrageous thing she'll do next.

Regular Contributor

Say what you will about the commercials, but the products are good and deliver what they claim.  I have started using the acified body wash over Philosophy, and the non-aluminum stick deodorant is the best I've tried of "natural" ones offered.

Commercials in general are very off-putting anymore.  I think I was curious about Lume because of how ridiculous the early commercials were.  The fact that a female GYN is the founder and developer of the product is more important to me than the outlandish way that she promotes it. 

Anything is worth a try and then you judge for yourself.  Your choice whether or not to patronize the company.