Esteemed Contributor

@Atiya wrote:

Just want to add my 2 cents regarding Lume commercials. Why is it that men are not in these ads?  Could it be that odor is only on women?  Also the one where a woman is shaving herself along the line of her underwear.  No body hair on men?  It's a woman doing these commercials, supposedly a doctor, but in my view, such commercials are made by men for men.  Just another way to objectify women.   

I think the reason there are no men in the Lume commercial is because the product was invented by a female gynocologist and, even though the product covers a range of odors, I think she had a particular odor in mind when creating the product.  An odor that would be specific to women.  

Honored Contributor

To be fair, it's primarily women who do the shopping/buying. Still, if they are going to produce these crude commercials,, men should be included in them.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

To be fair, it's primarily women who do the shopping/buying. Still, if they are going to produce these crude commercials,, men should be included in them.

It's women who buy the personal hygiene products for the family and women wouldn't watch 5 seconds of a commercial that featured a man talking about his stinky private parts.  Although, the Lume commercials I see don't feature any women users.  It's just the female doctor who invented it talking about it.  

Trusted Contributor

So thankful I don't watch commercials.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I haven't seen that one yet but my friend told me about it.  Then she said she said she bought some for her boyfriend and his teenage son.  They swim in the lake, hike, bike when they are at her house on weekends.  A lot of man oder.   She thinks it's great and I think the commercials try to get the idea out that funk is normal, natural and everyone has it.  Regular soaps and deodorants work for some but not so much for others and not at all for some.  My friend said on their website, there are many products to stop the funk.  She bought soap and an all over body spray for her guys.  The spray also did wonders on smelly sneakers.  She's a fan.  I remember my late  brother had a foot oder problem.  Powders didn't work, changing socks didn't work.  I hated it when he came to my house and took off his sneakers or boots.  He had smelly feet as a kid too.    If he had these products, he might not have had foot odor.  I thought the commercials were a bit offensive when they first started but hubby is an RN and he had a different take on the funk problem which isn't just about cleanliness.  

@chrystaltree 

There's a product they advertise here a lot during baseball games.  I haven't tried it, so I can't give an opinion.  But it is called "Funk Away."  Just another idea.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

I've been on this board for many years but seldom post.  I can assure you that my "promotion" of Lume is not a result of being financially rewarded.  I like to give credit to products that actually do what they advertise.  I think most of us are often frustrated when we spend money on products that are inferior.  Lume works,  It's really that simple.  I realize there are those who insist that they never have body odor, but the fact is we all do.  Most of us bathe every day, use good hygiene practices, etc., but there is still a bit of odor.  To pretend otherwise just seems silly.  Lume eliminates all odor.  At least it does for me.  I'm a fan and will continue to buy it.

As for the commercials, I agree that they are somewhat cringeworthy.  I've never been one to talk about body function issues, even with friends.  But that's just me.  It would be great if the commercials could sell the product in a more refined way, but maybe that's not possible.  The fact that we're even having this conversation proves that the commercials are probably effective.

'

Good hygiene takes care of odor for me.  Yourr issue sounds particularly difficult. I'm glad you found a solution.

I don't have an "issue" @stuyvesant , but thanks for your concern.  I'm not really understanding the hostility to be honest.  Regular bathing and good hygiene takes care of the vast majority of body odor.  No doubt about it.  Lume just goes that extra mile, eliminating that last little bit (sorry, no matter what anyone says, there IS that last little bit for everyone).

The bigger question is why do you care if people like the product.  There are lots of products I'm not interested in so I don't use them.  I certainly don't feel the need to log onto a shopping site and insult people who find the product useful.  

I'm sorry you don't believe good hygiene takes care of odor  for me, but it does. I am sorry it doesn't for you.  I can absolutely assure you if I ran into you on  an elevator and your residual  odor plumed in the car I would not indicate any awareness of it.

Esteemed Contributor

These commercials are distateful, crude, unnecessary, and unwatchable. 

Respected Contributor

Oh, please don't tell me there is another commercial for this stuff. I can't hit the remote fast enough when it comes on. 

Respected Contributor

I am not able to edit my post...but I just saw the newest Lume commercial and it was just gross. How many complaints will they get and think it is so popular that any reaction is a good one? So disgusting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It is especially important for anyone but more for the older people to use this product since many (some that post here who have admitted) do not bath daily.  Bacteria can cause a plethora of issues.  Nothing to be embarrased about since everyone could benefit from it.  I sure wished I would have known about it several years ago when due to a broken shoulder I was in an immobolizer and could not bath/shower for 3 weeks and even then only every few days.  While I used bathing cloths several times daily - well - the bacteria caused yeast infections under my one arm, under my breasts and stomach - not to mention smell!  Talk about embarrassment when showing a doctor all that!!   Several years later, the problem still surfaces occsionally!   Nothing to be embarassed about as it is a fact of life and no one is immune!!!  I would have no problem doing a commercial for something that is that good.  The embarrassment should be not using it and denying   So many that have posted here are adament that they do not have smelly parts but I am sure others often notice it on those deniers!!  Just take your bra off and smell under the cups.  Changing to a new one several times a day might make a difference!!  Just acknowledge it as a fact and enjoy the protection it provides and quit clutching thoses obsolete pearls!!  Not meant to shock and offend - just a reality check!

@Pook I respect your candor and perspective! Reading your eloquently written, affirming post made me smile.😊 I had not thought about it in that manner, but admit to having been turned off by the presentation of its sensitive subject matter prior to reading your post.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖