Trusted Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I never saw the commercial so checked it out on YouTube.

I found the ad to be tacky but comments on the page praised the product and the commercial.

They may be targeting a younger demographic.

I think that it works well-reasonably priced and long-lasting!

Respected Contributor

Maybe I've just become desensitized to subjects such as this, from all the things I've seen and heard having worked in a major hospital for over half my life, but something that improves someone's hygiene is okay with me.

I'm not offended, or embarrassed by the advertisements. But, I feel for the person filming them. Sadly, I bet they have to deal with a lot unpleasant jokes at their expense. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Latest Lume Commercial

[ Edited ]

It is especially important for anyone but more for the older people to use this product since many (some that post here who have admitted) do not bath daily.  Bacteria can cause a plethora of issues.  Nothing to be embarrased about since everyone could benefit from it.  I sure wished I would have known about it several years ago when due to a broken shoulder I was in an immobolizer and could not bath/shower for 3 weeks and even then only every few days.  While I used bathing cloths several times daily - well - the bacteria caused yeast infections under my one arm, under my breasts and stomach - not to mention smell!  Talk about embarrassment when showing a doctor all that!!   Several years later, the problem still surfaces occsionally!   Nothing to be embarassed about as it is a fact of life and no one is immune!!!  I would have no problem doing a commercial for something that is that good.  The embarrassment should be not using it and denying   So many that have posted here are adament that they do not have smelly parts but I am sure others often notice it on those deniers!!  Just take your bra off and smell under the cups.  Changing to a new one several times a day might make a difference!!  Just acknowledge it as a fact and enjoy the protection it provides and quit clutching thoses obsolete pearls!!  Not meant to shock and offend - just a reality check!

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 WOW, thank goodness they got you opinion! I mean, why should they be excluded.......

Super Contributor

Who cares? If its not for you don't buy it..... 

Respected Contributor

I bought Lume wipes a couple of years ago to use on my "inny belly button". It did not work. I also find the commercials to be tacky and disgusting. As far as keeping yeast infections and odors at bay, this shower wash works great! You can use it on your entire body or just the affected area. It feels and smells nice too! My lume wipes have been banished to under the bathroom sink. I'd never buy them again! I also have a condition called Hidradenitis suppurativa(it's truly disgusting) since using this,  I have not had a break out. Good stuff! 

20221031_050224.jpg

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor
@rms1954... I agree! Both of these Lume commercials are ridiculous and disgusting!!! What is wrong with her anyway?!?! Yes. I guess the younger girls in their 20's or 30's wouldn't mind it but I think some may find it gross like I do. There are several commercials that are really over the top these days! Is she...this doctor... trying to get our attention?? She succeeded with that but I still wouldn't buy it.... Geezz...
Trusted Contributor
@Pook... I understand what you're saying...but l use wipes by Bim Bam Boo. They're all natural and made for women who may be sensitive to scents or other wipes. I use these regularly because I don't shower daily. I also use their toilet paper. It's made from bamboo and lint-free...and just good/safe for a woman's body. I buy them both from Amazon and I read the TP is available at Whole Foods.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Between Lume and the one where you wash out your nose, Navage, I think, they both send me running. I don't want to hear about the parts they talk about. If I need a product like that, I will investigate. Don't want to hear about the gross stuff when I'm wathching Andy Griffith. Just my 2 cents. Glad for anyone these products have helped.

Trusted Contributor

I saw this particular commercial yesterday, when the doctor was smelling the patients behind I knew it had to be a Lume commercial, yup, so gross!