Honored Contributor

Re: Late billing. Watch for it.

I get my bills by e-mail.  I also have everything but credit cards automatically deducted from my checking account.  I keep a list of all bills and when they are due.  I mark it off after they've been deducted.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I get all of my bills by USPS as I do not bank online or pay bills online.  I write checks and mail them back.  I have done this for at least 45 years.  I have never received a bill late nor have any of my checks been received late.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I call when I know a bill is due and I haven't received the statement.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

None of our bills have been late, so far. I know about Homeowner's Associations, but what is a sub-development bill? I never heard of it. 

@teganslaw 

We live in a deed restricted community (over 55) I pay:

1) Main Community HOA -- covers amenities, golf course, etc.

2) Sub-Division HOA - management company, lawncare, painting of homes every 7-8 years, irrigation and other  by-law amenities.

Our fees are billed separately.  Both are on different dates.

main HOA fees 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

for my ex, his coupon booklet to pay homeowners fees comes at the end of the year.  he has all of his stubs plus envelopes to pay each quarter for the rest of the year. very efficient and easy that way.

for our second home, we pay our homeowners fees and rec fees quarterly. they are automatically deducted from our checking account. you do have the option to pay online OR pay by printing out a statement and mailing it in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Our mail (USPS) comes later & later. This usually happens in December when it’s closer to holidays but now it’s an everyday occurrence. Sometimes we can go a couple of days with no mail. We’ve also had problems with receiving bills, water bill in particular. We’ve had to call the water company. They tell us they sent it but twice we did not.
Esteemed Contributor

This is news to me. I thought that HOA covered everything; didn't know that it could be broken into sub divisions. I don't belong to an HOA; it can have advantages, but I don't know if I'd want  the hassle of extra bills or restrictions.  I guess that it works for many, though. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Granddaugter mailed  save  the date invites  in may.  Some peple received them in a day , many in a week,  however about 25 got them in Juky and august.  Two never received htem at all. And one was returned t my granddaughter last week.  

last month we did not receive our Spectrum bill

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:
Our mail (USPS) comes later & later. This usually happens in December when it’s closer to holidays but now it’s an everyday occurrence. Sometimes we can go a couple of days with no mail. We’ve also had problems with receiving bills, water bill in particular. We’ve had to call the water company. They tell us they sent it but twice we did not.

Shoekitty said:  OMG US TOO!   Last week mail didnt come two days... for everyone on the block.  then one day they came at 7:10PM   Can you believe that?   Our regular mailman comes  a few days a week, then he is replaced by someone in regular clothes, with USPS post office badge.  Didnt have a amask   We are in a decent size city, 55,000.  The mail totally was horrible until June then it picked up.  But last few weeks are bad

Esteemed Contributor

The only paper bill I have had in the last eight years has been the property tax bill.

Every other one is electric.  Some recurring ones are set up for automatic pay and some I pay per the email.

Right now I have an email out there and I can pay it tonight from my chair.  Love it.