Honored Contributor

Last week more packages came FedEx then UPS

Which is really different.  Usually they would come UPS after 6 in the afternoon, but most of them came FedEx and got here around noon last week.  And we got a lot of packages too last week. We got a few orders that shipped in different boxes and the same store but shipped from different places.

Of course the smaller ones come USPS Priority Mail.

Wonder why that happened?  Have you noticed a difference?  Did UPS get tired of me? Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Re: Last week more packages came FedEx then UPS

@Sooner  I have noticed that the ones that ship faster comes from FedEx. I get very few from UPS. I still get some from USPS. I'm sure it has to do with the cost of shipping.

Honored Contributor

Most of mine seem to come from UPS Mail Innovations (aka where UPS hands off to USPS).....a few come by UPS and I wish they all did....Only one Ebay order came by Fed Ex...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

This is a huge change for our neck of the woods because we had hardly been getting anything from FedEx in several months. 

But UPS was always running really behind and coming late at night, so who knows? Interesting now, however, since we do get a lot of things delivered.

Honored Contributor

I get packages on Sunday evenings from the US post office.  I did just tonight.

My Blink cameras went off twice today and the post office delivered packages early in the morning and later tonight.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A lot of big companies are switching to Fedex from UPS and I prefer UPS. I think the companies must have got some huge price break and the people I talk to are not happy with Fedex and the companies know that but they sign a contract I think.

Of course any pkgs that are not that big or heavy end up at the post office which takes us forever to get them.

Fedex has terrible drivers here, always slams the boxes on the porch whereas UPS is very good with my stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

We have been getting more from FedEx for some time now. Now sure what is going on. There was a time that FedEx hardly ever came to my house. 

Honored Contributor

Fedex is lot better then the others. I wish Q would let you choose your own method of shipping. I don't mind paying more to get away from USPS mail innovations. Gawd ! I hate that ****.

When they say 'free shipping' I groan out loud and call in and say "can't I pay for Fedex"   they always say "no" what difference does it make to them, wonder. I'm paying the freight ?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  

I work full full time so I rarely see who delivers packages.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Which is really different.  Usually they would come UPS after 6 in the afternoon, but most of them came FedEx and got here around noon last week.  And we got a lot of packages too last week. We got a few orders that shipped in different boxes and the same store but shipped from different places.

Of course the smaller ones come USPS Priority Mail.

Wonder why that happened?  Have you noticed a difference?  Did UPS get tired of me? Woman Tongue

Who knows anymore? Mine comes with UPS to my town, then transfers it to post office, which is very close, so that takes 3 more days.I now have something coming that was sent to Pittsburgh , 20 minutes away from me, and I see it was then sent to Waynesburgh, Pa, 2 hours away. I call and order from Amazon today and it will be here tomorrow by USMail.