Honored Contributor

Re: Last night was very difficult for me

Cherry

you are Len's angel. He is counting on your prayers to help him with his remaining time on earth. We are always subjected like this daily to help.  We are of free will, will we help or not. 

Your call has been heard.  

Trusted Contributor

Cherry...what a sweet and beautiful thing to say to him...so often we are at a loss as to what to say to someone who is terminal or in a very dire circumstance...sometimes we choose to say nothing and avoid the person, not because we don’t care, but because we just don’t know what to say or are afraid of saying the wrong thing...I always feel it’s best to say something from your heart than avoiding someone all together, you never know how it may touch them...

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@cherry  Just reading these posts is bringing tears to my eyes and a huge lump in my throat.  

May God put his arms around Len and when it becomes his time to meet the Lord in person, may it be swiftly and easy for Len and his children.  I can't imagine what his children are going through, to now see their Dad going through this knowing how their Mother suffered.

I pray for a quick journey, no suffering for both Len and his children - I"m sure Len is waiting to see his wife again where there is no suffering and no pain.

Prayers to Len and you for taking the time to acknowledge and comfort him.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I hope all of our prayers are answered. I noticed during mass he couldn't stand ,or kneel, at all. He remained seated during the entire service.  He remained seated when I spoke with him,  but  he is so frail and thin.

What ever happened to him has really brought him low ,very quickly. He was always an athletic type guy, that biked and swam. He took good care of himself

One of his sons is in San Francisco ,and the other 2  are here, but not in his location.

They all turned into very fine men and I am sure they will do as much as they can for their dad.

Super Contributor

@cherry wrote:

As we left mass to return home, I spotted an old friend. He was seated with his son in a front pew

He had moved away, and I don't see him very often.  He looked so frail. I asked him how he was doing. It took him a while to be able to answer ,and his voice sounded like he had a stroke. You know ,a bit slurred and labored. He looked "all eyes", if you know what I mean, and they were filled with pain

He finally could tell me," I have cancer big time." He was so fragile looking, and fighting to remain composed. He had lost his wife to cancer about 35 years ago, after a long and painful struggle with the disease. He never left her bedside, and raised three sons  all alone.( His youngest was a best friend of my son)

I am sure this must be on his mind ,wondering how well he will cope with the disease, and who will care for him.

I would like those of you that are willing ,to ask God for a peaceful death ,for my friend. His name is Len, and he is a very good person

I told him ,as I took his face in my hands( he was seated and I was standing in front of him)  God will provide for your journey, and bless you for your goodness to others.  I didn't try to insult his intelligence, by telling him he would be able to beat this disease. I tried to let him know he was loved ,and thought of in a caring manner. His face just haunts me. 

Thank you my dears

Heartbreaking story, Cherry. Thank God for people like you, You were very kind to him. I pray he does have a peaceful passing straight to Heaven.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

I have just read through each of the responses to @cherry prayer request for her friend. It warmed my heart to feel all the caring, and love. My prayers are for Len to complete this earthly journey quickly, and without pain. Blessings to all.
Honored Contributor

I hope Len finds Peace and is with his wife soon.

@cherry

“For by blessing we are blessed”

You are such a kind, and generous person.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

Your encounter with Len was meant to be.  Even if he didn't hear much of what was said, I'm sure the laying on of hands, the warmth of them and just the kindess he could detect in your intent was so very meaningful to him.  A true act of grace.

I will pray for him now and will ask that you get back to me at his passing, so that I might say a Rosary for him.

God Bless - Rebecca

Trusted Contributor

@cherry,

Love how you comforted your friend, I never know what to say in these situations. Len is very fortunate to have friends like you🌻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry,What a beautiful (and wise) message you gave your friend.  Perhaps your words were guided, but your message and meaning were perfect.

Bless you.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=FChlWoOqBIPasQW_7qJA&q=patty%20griffin%20I%20Doin%27t%20E...