Valued Contributor

Re: Last night's Thursday night football game.

DP
Valued Contributor

Lol Great minds think alike, sunshine, even if we are both local girls cheering for different teams.
Honored Contributor

Wookie - absolutely. If ANY team is to be called America's Favorite, it is probably the Cowboys. And I'm not a fan either - I'm a diehard Redskins fan, even when they're horrible.
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 wookie said: Lol Great minds think alike, sunshine, even if we are both local girls cheering for different teams.

Kiss

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 MJ 12 said: Wookie - absolutely. If ANY team is to be called America's Favorite, it is probably the Cowboys. And I'm not a fan either - I'm a diehard Redskins fan, even when they're horrible.

that is definitely what i consider a TRUE FAN! when you love the team even if they arent winning......definitely a difference among some of the NFL teams.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 wookie said: If any team is America's favorite, it's the Dallas Cowboys. (I'm not a fan) they have lots of fans across the country. As for fans in other cities, all teams have them. Every week a fan submits photos of Redskin fans at an away game bar proudly wearing their burgundy and gold jersey's cheering on the team. People move around so much now-a-days, it's inevitable for there to be fans of ALL teams to reside in any given city.

Yes, they do seem to attract the title of "America's Team" . . . although some might disagree but it has been that way for a couple of decades now. Even with Romo. Can't be a fair weather fan. Now, living closer to Tennessee Titan's hometown . . . I've followed them as they are my son's favorite team . . . AND I made the mistake of watching the Cowboys this past Sunday for the first time in a long time. Whoa Boy! But apparently Jerry Jones has something in Romo's contract that keeps him there, as in "safe" from being cut and him unable to become a "free agent" as Jones wanted to have total control over him . . . I'd have to look up the details but that is the jest of what I saw being discussed after Sunday's game on another board. True? False? In years gone by, who couldn't love Tom Landry (first class coach), Roger Staubach and other greats? I grew up watching them with my father, grandfather, brothers and entire family watching on Sundays. My sister and I were joking that maybe the Cowboys need florescent orange jerseys or something to help Romo out a little bit as he threw so many interceptions on Sunday!!!

But then I enjoy and cheer for lots of teams. Giants, Broncos (had been Colts) as I'm a Manning fan, Cowboys, Texans, Titans . . . same with baseball . . . Rangers, Yankees, Braves . . .

Honored Contributor

THIS is why we're America's Team!! =Smiley Very Happy. Nothing prettier than a Dallas Girl!

Valued Contributor

On 9/12/2014 MJ 12 said: Wookie - absolutely. If ANY team is to be called America's Favorite, it is probably the Cowboys. And I'm not a fan either - I'm a diehard Redskins fan, even when they're horrible.
Hi MJ. I haven't given up hope for this season. I do believe we have improved over last year. Our D has potential, and am hoping RG3 has a good year. Special Teams scares me, but we'll see if they get their act together. LOL
Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 sunshine45 said:

you can generally find a team bar in any major city you go......when i am in san diego there are ravens bars to go to to watch the game, even being surrounded by chargers fans.

i think that if anyone is going to call themselves "americas team" it is probably the dallas cowboys or maybe the green bay packers......LOL but then i am prejudiced AGAINST the steelers.

We have friends who moved from here to Orlando. They go every Sunday during football season to a Browns backers bar.

Pittsburgh was horrible last night. I gave up partly through the fourth quarter because I was getting too mad. LOL The penalties were ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

In the dictionary, next to the definition of the word "diehard", is a picture of a lifelong Minnesota Vikings fan(my husband). Or maybe that was next to the definition of "hard luck".

Edited to add that TMZ is reporting that Adrian Peterson has been arrested in a child injury case "stemming from the disciplining of a son with a switch". This is unforgiveable and should be prosecuted in a court of law. Certainly the NFL should deal harshly, up to and including permanent suspension, with this case if Mr. Peterson should he be found guilty.