Honored Contributor

Last night's Thursday night football game.

Congrats to the Ravens - as a lifelong Steelers fan all I can say is - this is going to be a very long and disappointing football season.

IMO - the Steelers have lost their powerhouse players - like Polamalu and Keisel - they are just getting too old. But every team has to go through periods of rebuilding.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last night's Thursday night football game.

happy housewife, that was one of the FIRST ravens-steelers games where i wasnt biting my nails too much! the steelers did have too many personal fouls and that helped us also.

i thought it would be a MUCH closer game, but i was soooooooooooooooo happy the RAVENS did it!

see you again in november!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think when the Steelers get desperate they do start committing a lot of fouls - I think all teams do.

Valued Contributor

I live on the dividing line between Raven fans and Redskin fans with some overlap. I am a diehard Redskin fan even though the Ravens have been far more successful than the Redskins for many years. I know how it feels to hope for a winning season, only to have those those hopes dashed almost every season.
Honored Contributor

Well, the Steelers are in a rebuilding mode right now and will have some bad seasons. We certainly can't say they never give us a winning season - or many winning seasons. After all they have more Lombardi Trophies than any team and they have been in a few Super bowls they did not win as well. They are an exciting team to watch, ever since the Terry Bradshaw days, which has been my whole adult life. They are the nations favorite team and have fans in every city.

Pittsburgh is Steeler obsessed - here at our campground every single car has some Steeler something on it. And the golfcarts and campers are decorated as well. There is a reason they call Pittsburgh the "Steeler nation". all the teams in Pittsburgh - Penguins Hockey , pirates baseball and the Steelers are all Black and yellow - and the city is black and yellow obsessed. Even the fire hydrants have all been painted yellow - and firetrucks and the logo on the police cars and ambulances. I would say that nearly everyone in this town has items of black and yellow clothing. I even own a Steeler's purse.

Honored Contributor

happy, the people in baltimore are the same way......purple fridays at school and work, #ravensnation, "we bleed purple", we call the steelers the "squeelers" , the ravens caravan that goes throughout the maryland area to pump up the fans. i think when baltimore lost the colts those many years ago the city and fans were so sad. there are STILL people who remember those days. when we were able to get an NFL team back in town the fans were ecstatic......and i think very grateful to have football back in the city.

LOL, i would question though that the steelers are the nations favorite team!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 happy housewife said:

Well, the Steelers are in a rebuilding mode right now and will have some bad seasons. We certainly can't say they never give us a winning season - or many winning seasons. After all they have more Lombardi Trophies than any team and they have been in a few Super bowls they did not win as well. They are an exciting team to watch, ever since the Terry Bradshaw days, which has been my whole adult life. They are the nations favorite team and have fans in every city.

Pittsburgh is Steeler obsessed - here at our campground every single car has some Steeler something on it. And the golfcarts and campers are decorated as well. There is a reason they call Pittsburgh the "Steeler nation". all the teams in Pittsburgh - Penguins Hockey , pirates baseball and the Steelers are all Black and yellow - and the city is black and yellow obsessed. Even the fire hydrants have all been painted yellow - and firetrucks and the logo on the police cars and ambulances. I would say that nearly everyone in this town has items of black and yellow clothing. I even own a Steeler's purse.

Ugh, that game was a sorry display. But ya can't will them all.

My daughter had a friend from Canada here, and they were amazed at the black and gold everywhere you go.

I was surprised when I was in Daytona, and drove past the Steelers bar. It was packed.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 sunshine45 said:

happy, the people in baltimore are the same way......purple fridays at school and work, #ravensnation, "we bleed purple", we call the steelers the "squeelers" , the ravens caravan that goes throughout the maryland area to pump up the fans. i think when baltimore lost the colts those many years ago the city and fans were so sad. there are STILL people who remember those days. when we were able to get an NFL team back in town the fans were ecstatic......and i think very grateful to have football back in the city.

LOL, i would question though that the steelers are the nations favorite team!

Almost every city in the country has a contingent of Steelers fans. Many Steelers bars all around the country where they watch every Steeler game on tv. It is a FACT that they are the winningest team - and the 6 Lombardi trophies prove it. People like to support a winner. I live near Tampa - but our town has NO Tampa bars and 2 Steelers bars. Now I have to temper that by saying there are a lot of Pittsburgers in our Florida town due to being only a half hour away from Bradenton and McKechnie field - the winter home of the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team. But ONLY the Steelers have bars there where folks go to watch the games - no other NFL team. And those bars are jammed during a game.

Honored Contributor

you can generally find a team bar in any major city you go......when i am in san diego there are ravens bars to go to to watch the game, even being surrounded by chargers fans.

i think that if anyone is going to call themselves "americas team" it is probably the dallas cowboys or maybe the green bay packers......LOL but then i am prejudiced AGAINST the steelers.

Valued Contributor

If any team is America's favorite, it's the Dallas Cowboys. (I'm not a fan) they have lots of fans across the country. As for fans in other cities, all teams have them. Every week a fan submits photos of Redskin fans at an away game bar proudly wearing their burgundy and gold jersey's cheering on the team. People move around so much now-a-days, it's inevitable for there to be fans of ALL teams to reside in any given city.