Esteemed Contributor

Last night and 20/20 - who watched?

Did anyone see this show "Wolfpack" last night on 20/20???  Elizabeth Vargas was promoting it on The View yesterday and whenever someone asked her a question, she seemed agitated and kept saying "you have to watch it"...

Well, I watched it and there are so many holes and UNanswered questions, I didn't understand very much of it.

Anyone else????Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last night and 20/20 - who watched?

[ Edited ]

I did but I fell asleep when the one kid ran away  and woke up at the end.Did anything happen to that dad for keeping them imprisioned in the house?  

I wondered how they got away with keeping all those kids indoors and not in school.  Didn't anyone investigate ?  Strange to me.

Honored Contributor

it was unbelievable......those boys in particular were so strong and together. what they overcame and how they did it was simply a miracle. i think maybe some of the unanswered questions will be addressed in the documentary. i cannot wait to see it.

i suppose if your father/husband takes care of you and provides for you it doesnt matter if he keeps you locked in your apartment for years? that was my major question. it is surprising that most of the kids and the mother still live in that same apartment with the father.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I watched.....and was amazed at the resolve of those boys.

I hope they can continue to grow into the amazing men they seem to be, despite the years they spent imprisoned by their father.

I wonder why there were no charges against the father?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma

the kids were home schooled.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

I hope they can continue to grow into the amazing men they seem to be, despite the years they spent imprisoned by their father.

since some of them have a passion for movies, i wonder if any of the production companies, movie studios, or tv shows would consider hiring them?

Contributor

I watched it and I really wanted to know about the father.  Where is he?  I guess you have to watch the movie.

Respected Contributor

@weeness wrote:

I watched it and I really wanted to know about the father.  Where is he?  I guess you have to watch the movie.

He is still the apartment and stays in his room.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lotus wrote:

I thought they were amazingly articulate and seemed to be well adjusted.  They mentioned there were 6 brothers, but last night focused on 5. There is also a sister.  Anyone have information about her?

A question I had was the mother said the only money she earned was from home schooling.  Who paid her?  Seeing her college graduation picture, she was beautiful young woman. Her family must be so relieved to know she is alive.

I will see the movie.

How about when Robert DeNiro walked in!

Respected Contributor

Muttmom.....maybe the state pays you to home school?   I know they provide curriculums and books....maybe they pay you too.   Think about it, they save a lot of money.

They said something about the daughter having special needs.  When they pulled up in front of the family home I caught a quick glimpse of her and looked like she may be Down Syndrome.

That mother must be the strongest women going.   All of the boys said it was because of her they survived.