Respected Contributor

Last Night's Bachelor (2/22/16)

I was shocked that Ben eliminated Amanda.  I thought for sure it would be JoJo.  His visit with JoJo's family didn't turn out too well--the other boyfriend and her brothers, etc.  She seems a little doubtful, too.

I thought Caila was very pretty and delightful.  I don't think she will be one of the two he supposedly loves, though.  It looks like it will be Lauren and JoJo!

Contributor

Re: Last Night's Bachelor (2/22/16)

I just finished posting on your thread in the TV forum.  After seeing what Jojo's family was like, she would have been gone.  The way they treated him was beyond ridiculous IMO.

If he were to choose her, they would be trying to be in complete control of his and her life.  The things that the father said to him at the dinner table made me yell at the TV. 

Also, their home looked like a big mansion to me.  The whole family was indeed scary to me.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Respected Contributor

I like Calia with him the best. JoJo just doesn't fit and her possesive acting brothers. They may love her but they are just too overbearing. Wow! What a mansion she lived in! She is very down to earth for what she has. It never said what her Dad did for a living. I liked Amanda but maybe he wasn't ready for an instant family yet. He truly did care for her though. I have a son that lives in Dallas that is single and he reminds so much of Ben and his values. Wish he will find love someday as Ben will. I saw somewhere thatthey asked if JoJo or Calia be the next Batchorette? Maybe they didn't win and Lauren will win.

Honored Contributor

JoJo dad is a gastro Dr, and her mom has a Phd and is a nurse practioner.

Esteemed Contributor

I think most people who have never been married before would be wary of marrying someone with two children.

Trusted Contributor

It's Lauren - they seem the most  comfortable together, her family seems great and accepted Ben- and he looks at her so differently than the others.

No doubt -

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The outcome of the show made sense to me - as I know who he utimately picks (via Reality Steve). It's interesting to see how the season progresses!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I was shocked that Ben eliminated Amanda.  I thought for sure it would be JoJo.  His visit with JoJo's family didn't turn out too well--the other boyfriend and her brothers, etc.  She seems a little doubtful, too.

I thought Caila was very pretty and delightful.  I don't think she will be one of the two he supposedly loves, though.  It looks like it will be Lauren and JoJo!

I am hoping Caila will be the next Bachelorette.  She's so pretty and seems the most grounded.  She stands out among all the blondes who all look alike.  She reminds me of Catherine, Sean Lowe's wife.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I wasn't shocked about Amanda leaving.  It would be a huge step for him to become an instant stepfather to 2 young children.  And he'd have her crazy ex to deal with, too.  The way Ben cried when he was talking to Lauren's sister makes me think she will be the one.  But the previews show him saying he's in love with 2 women.  I hope he makes the right choice and the relationship works out. 

Respected Contributor

I like Ben even more after seeing him cry with Laurens sister, I don't believe that was scripted.

I'm hoping Becca will be the next bachelorette Woman Happy 

I wasn't surprised he sent Amanda home, ITA with what you said.