Honored Contributor

Re: What Was The Last Kind Gesture Someone Did For You...

People had a 60 th birthday surprise party for me at the gym.They had food,cake presents but the best gift was their caring and wonderful gesture.I can't believe that they went to all that for me but I feel special and loved.It really was the best birthday and I will always feel blessed to have them in my life.
Super Contributor

Great thread. My friend paid for my lunch today!
Respected Contributor

DH and I were out having lunch today, and a friend came up and gave me a hug. ((HUGS)) are great.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

Last night after our holiday dinner, Mr. Sunny made me go sit down and relax, and he cleaned up the whole kitchen after our holiday dinner. I really appreciated that!

I am enjoying this thread so much. Some of the best gestures of kindness are the simple ones. Thank you bluegrassbaby for this wonderful idea!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

My DH is making chili tonight for dinner and I'm so excited I'm reporting it early to this thread. lol.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/21/2014 lulu2 said:

Yesterday I was bitten on my eyelid by some flying little creature. When I awoke this morning my eye was swollen shut.

My husband went to get the Sunday paper and came home with a pumpkin latte and a pumpkin-cranberry scone. He detests pumpkin anything but knows I love it.

That is the sweetest story!

Super Contributor

I got the sweetest hand written thank you note in the mail today. Letter writing has become quite a lost art so it was such a pleasant surprise to receive this today.

Super Contributor

Took me to dinner Saturday night and gave me a hug and kiss and then came by last night wanting to take me for coffee and then later said I just wanted to see you I did not really want coffee...........So I am on a new life journey.........

Respected Contributor

The last one. We went to Walmart yesterday and of course I became very tired and my neuropathy was bad, so I went and sat on a bench while he checked out. It was taking a long time, decided to call him in the store. In the process I dropped my cell phone and the back came off, the battery flew out, and I was trying to get up, when these college girls were coming out, and quickly picked it up, and put it all back together for me, in like five seconds. They were amazing. I thanked them and said I would pass it on, just not in that way.

I'm sure I looked like "People of Walmart" sitting there. LOL

mm

my edit

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

My husband walked down to a garage sale this week end. He saw an antique mirror or appears antique which I would call Baroque in style...ornate sides for 50.00. Knowing he hates to hang things he still took a pic for me and I fell in love. Beautiful and only 50.00. I was afraid it might get away from me...he ran down there and bought it for me and we hung it right away in our entryway. Perfect fit...looks just beautiful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**