Honored Contributor

Re: Larry King's estranged wife to contest his will

@goldensrbest wrote:

I find it difficult to believe his estate is only worth that.

7 ex wives-alimony

5 children-child support (2 children were adults when they died)

Exes had better divorce attorney's than he did.

That's enough to drain assets.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would think that if they are still married, her name would be on the deed to the house and listed on checking and savings accounts, etc.  She would automatically be entitled to those things and they would not have to be mentioned in a will.

Perhaps the two million is life insurance?

Respected Contributor

Not everyone has their spouse on a deed or bank accounts.

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the entire thread so this may have been mentioned.  Bernie Madoff got a huge chunk of his money.

Esteemed Contributor

In my state a handwritten add on voids the entire will.  

This is a fine mess for sure.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I would think that if they are still married, her name would be on the deed to the house and listed on checking and savings accounts, etc.  She would automatically be entitled to those things and they would not have to be mentioned in a will.

I also thought he probably felt he took good care of her in other ways.  Terrible that Bernie Madoff caused him financial damage as well as others.  However it turns out, his kids shouldn't be shorted so that she can have more but too often this is what happens.

Honored Contributor

only ones that will clean up is the lawyers. Probably taxes to boot.

We always said if we got in an accident we would take the first offer and not duke it out with lawyers take what's offered and run.

ptOPjc5nI4rh.gif

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I also thought he probably felt he took good care of her in other ways.  Terrible that Bernie Madoff caused him financial damage as well as others.  However it turns out, his kids shouldn't be shorted so that she can have more but too often this is what happens.

perhaps that is why she is fighting for her fair share......in order to take care of her two kids.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

perhaps that is why she is fighting for her fair share......in order to take care of her two kids.

@sunshine45  Not likely since his will left his money to his children, all of whom are adults.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Free2be wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine45  Not likely since his will left his money to his children, all of whom are adults.

@Pearlee

why not? eventually HER money will be THEIR money......maybe she wants to invest it well, or make her own trusts for them or their children or use it towards education.....i would not blame her at all for contesting the will, especially after 23 years of marriage.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein