Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Per Page Six of the NY Post, Larry King has revealed that he had "successful surgery" for stage 1 lung cancer over the summer.  He gets an X-ray every year due to previous health issues which is how he caught the cancer early.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Larry King Had Lung Cancer

Glad to hear he found it early.  Larry King is one of the best when it comes to interviewing people.  I miss him. 

@Pearlee wrote:

Per Page Six of the NY Post, Larry King has revealed that he had "successful surgery" for stage 1 lung cancer over the summer.  He gets an X-ray every year due to previous health issues which is how he caught the cancer early.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch and enjoy the Larry King Show at 6PM (west coast). Now - all we have are those dumb reality shows, lots of news, news, news -- and endless commercials. Not to mention --- every 15 minutes, finding out the weather!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

So glad to hear that Larry King survived lung cancer.I miss his show on CNN.He is a class act.

About 10 years ago I was vacationing in California with my DH & son.We were on line for a ride at a theme park.Larry was on line right in front of us with his wife Shaun & 2 sons.Larry & Shaun were so friendly & polite.You would never know that he was a celebrity. He overheard us discussing our lunch plans & offered us a suggestion on where to eat.We spent the next 20 or so minutes chatting while we moved through the line.What a mensch!!

Honored Contributor

It was a shock to read that this morning.  I'm under the impression that strides have been made in the treatment of lung cancer.  Here's hoping Larry benefits from that and is able to achieve complete recovery.

Honored Contributor

didn't larry king have cancer several yrs ago. can't remember what kind of cancer.?

Wasn't he a heavy smoker for many years too?

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

didn't larry king have cancer several yrs ago. can't remember what kind of cancer.?

Wasn't he a heavy smoker for many years too?

Dont know about cancer, but he did have heart bypass surgery long time ago. He sure was a heavy smoker.

Honored Contributor

He certainly has had his share of heath woes.   He is a fighter! Having that pretty young wife  at his side probably Is a good incentive to get well!

IMG_0241.JPEG

Honored Contributor

He smoked.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Larry has 100 lives!!!!!!!!!!