Trusted Contributor

Re: Lamar Odom’s massive $79000 bill now Khloé Kardashian responsibility: update

@sidsmom wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I hope someone who is more knowledgeable about kidney/liver transplants can answer this question. If someone is in a position to buy an organ, isn't that something that is typically transacted outside the organ registry? If Lamar does buy one from someone ready to trade body parts for money, that wouldn't really keep an organ from someone on the registry, would it? Just looking for some info here.

Buying an organ is illegal in the United States.

Wow!  People don't know that?  

Hi Maggie, It is my understanding that buying organs is illegal in the US, and in my opinion it should remain that way.  Too many ethical issues (and dangers) arise from the "purchasing" of organs.  

That doesn't preclude someone who can travel to going to the location of an available organ. 

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lamar Odom’s massive $79000 bill now Khloé Kardashian responsibility: update

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I hope someone who is more knowledgeable about kidney/liver transplants can answer this question. If someone is in a position to buy an organ, isn't that something that is typically transacted outside the organ registry? If Lamar does buy one from someone ready to trade body parts for money, that wouldn't really keep an organ from someone on the registry, would it? Just looking for some info here.

Buying an organ is illegal in the United States.

Wow!  People don't know that?  

Well, I thought it was, too, but it was mentioned in a prior post in the thread that it wasn't fair for him to buy an organ because there were others on the registry that had waited longer. That's why I was asking. I have read about people going overseas . . .

This is an interesting write up.(june222)

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/Market-For-Black-Market-Organs-Expands-259889741.html#

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

I don't see why it would be her responsible to pay charges for a brothel that he incurred during their separation - out of her funds - just because a pimp says so.

A spouse might be responsible for the payment of medical bills.

In any event, if I were the spouse and handling his finances, I would make sure his child support and medical bills were paid.

Yes, the brothel can go after Khloe. She is legally married to him.

Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Doesn't he have health insurance? Anyway, that's probably a drop in the bucket for the K Klan. She'll make it up selling the story or another realty show.

Health insurance doesn't cover visits to prostitutes or purchasing recreational drugs. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

I doubt multi millionaires or Billionaires pay for health insurance... they just pay cash and get the same lower rates and probably lower with better care than any average American who pays for health insurance.  The rich can buy kidneys such as what Lamar will probably do to get on top of the waiting list  while someone else will die while Lamar gets THEIR KIDNEY. Same thing if Lamar needs a new Liver. He will buy himself to the top of the list just as  Steve Jobs from Apple did several times... They get the new body part........ and the average person who needs it and is waiting for it fairly dies. MONEY TALKS.

The Obamacare law requires everyone to have health insurance or pay a fine.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Jaxs Mom wrote:

June222 wrote:

I doubt multi millionaires or Billionaires pay for health insurance... they just pay cash and get the same lower rates and probably lower with better care than any average American who pays for health insurance.  The rich can buy kidneys such as what Lamar will probably do to get on top of the waiting list  while someone else will die while Lamar gets THEIR KIDNEY. Same thing if Lamar needs a new Liver. He will buy himself to the top of the list just as  Steve Jobs from Apple did several times... They get the new body part........ and the average person who needs it and is waiting for it fairly dies. MONEY TALKS.

The Obamacare law requires everyone to have health insurance or pay a fine.

millionaires and billionaires can easily afford to pay the fine if they dont wish to have insurance and prefer to pay out of pocket for their medical care.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Did Lamar really receive $80,000 of 'services' from the brothel? Maybe he's owed a refund?

If he wasn't satisfied with the brothel service, I wonder if they just give, 'store credit', instead of a refund?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I don't care HOW much you can love a man .....  what woman wants to pay a $79k brothel bill for hookers?

True, but If I were her I'd pay it hoping he would shut up!

Esteemed Contributor

If she is still legally his wife, then she has access to his money as well. He's not  pauper, you know. Besides, even if she did have to pay with her own money, she made her bed and now she can lie in it. Why would she actually WANT him back? It's not as if he gave her any loyalty when he was married to her. I wouldn't let him touch me, if I were she. Who knows what diseases he carries with prostitutes, other women, needles, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I

@MaggieMack wrote:

I would imagine you'd have to find a shady doctor as well to get an organ bought illegally surgically placed in the body. And even then, where would the testing for a match be done? Sounds pretty risky.  What DOES happen, though, is somehow celebs mysteriously get moved to the top of the list when you know they haven't waited the same length of time others do for an organ. Of course, maybe Khloe will also offer up her kidney if she's a match. She seems to think she owes him.  Why I don't know. This guy must really have "talents" if she wants him back that badly.