Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lake House or Beach House Vacation?

I live on a lake so I would opt for the beach for something different!

I love the lake because I can start swimming earlier in the year and swim later in the fall than in the ocean because it is warmer.

I love the ocean for the waves, the sand and the bouyancy of the salt water.

Great topic!  LM

image.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

I live on a lake so I would opt for the beach for something different!

I love the lake because I can start swimming earlier in the year and swim later in the fall than in the ocean because it is warmer.

I love the ocean for the waves, the sand and the bouyancy of the salt water.

Great topic!  LM

image.jpg

Is this your place?  IF SO< you can expect myself and half the posters by Sat evening....huh, how do we get there???

Esteemed Contributor

Beach house. Been there every opportunity I could this summer. So serene and peaceful, I love it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Beach but in Anguilla 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

WOW, even the Social Team's threads get trolled and used as bait?!! Unbelievable!! 

I think an apology to them and Mary Beth is warranted. SMH

Nobody owes anyone an apology, the only fishing I see here is for opinions on where to vacation.

No surprise here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not bragging, but it is what it is. This is our little house in East Hampton, and you're all welcome to join us this weekend. 

We're ready!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I'm not bragging, but it is what it is. This is our little house in East Hampton, and you're all welcome to join us this weekend. 

We're ready!

Yes, you are along with another poster on this thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone here looking to buy a lot/land near water.......make sure it's fairly above water level (a slight hill, to be safe from flooding.  Lots of close calls, flood-wise, for friends, during the rainy seasons, unless the house is on tall pole/stilts.  Also, as far as beaches, nice to be well above sea level, too, just to protect  financial assets, in case of ocean storms/tidal waves/and whatever else.  Well, it's always nice when someone reminds us (as they have often mentioned to me) ahead of time before purchasing land.   (Just thought that I'd throw that into the mix. I know, 'It's neither here nor there'........lol) 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

i will take the delmarva beaches!

the beach is one of my most favorite places to be, in season and off season.

in season it is full of life, fun, warm water and hot sand, lots of people to meet and share time with.

off season it is very quiet, a nice time to reflect, great for walking, shopping, and spending some alone time.....and eating at places that are way too busy to eat at during the in season.

the other great thing about delmarva beaches? we have the bay right on the OTHER side of the highway......almost like a lake, but the chesapeake bay......a beautiful sunset, great places to go fishing and crabbing, bike riding, and of course, more restaurants! lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

beach, i live in the mountains,there used to be a lake,water, what water???