Honored Contributor

Adorable?????  Elite setting??????   I have to admit that when it comes to LR, you do see something that no one else in this world sees.  You put those people on such  high pedestals, when they really are no different than any of us.  They just have more money than some us but they work and they work hard for their money.  I respect them for that.  There's nothing adorable or high class or elite about that phone.  They are dressed casually like any of us would dress when we are getting together for lunch with the girls. You are seeing something in that photo that simply is not there.  Three middled aged successful career women go out for a New Year's lunch.  My group will be doing  the same thing on MLK day.  There won't be anything "adorable" or "elite" about it...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

How did Sunshine45 happen to get the picture?

One of them posted the picture to Instagram over the weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't consider "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" to be a reality show.  Even though it starred a real life family, it was scripted.

To me, the first reality show was the PBS documentary "An American Family" with the Louds which aired in 1973,

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I wouldn't consider "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet" to be a reality show.  Even though it starred a real life family, it was scripted.

To me, the first reality show was the PBS documentary "An American Family" with the Louds which aired in 1973,

@Johnnyeager  I agree with you about the first reality show being the Louds. I remember watching it.

Ozzie, Beaver, all the shows were definitely scripted. 

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager: You're absolutely right. "An American Family" was the very first reality program. Ozzie and Harriet was more like a situation comedy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was fascinated by the Louds!  For 1973 it was groundbreaking.  Oldest son Lance was openly gay and the wife asked the husband for a divorce on camera.  They started the reality trend!

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have to say, i love to lunch with my friends when i get the chance. there is something so decadent about a nice lunch and cocktails in the middle of the day!

pretty pic!

lisa renee dr denese.jpg

What an ugly purse she's carrying.

A box with bamboo handles.

------

I actually like the purse. I have a bag with a very similar snakeskin print and I like the East-west silhouette.  

Probably wouldn't be an everyday bag, but I do like it. Our handbags are such an individual taste. 

Trusted Contributor

@Suziepeach  .... Thank you! Seeing that picture brings back a lot of memories of the show.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager  ..... It looks like I am the only one unfamiliar with this show. What was it about?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

An American Family is an American television documentary filmed from May 30 through December 31, 1971,[2] and first aired in the United States on the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) from January 11, 1973,[3] to March 29, 1973.[4] After being edited down from about 300 hours of raw footage, the series ran one season of 12 episodes on Thursday nights at 9:00 p.m.

The groundbreaking documentary is considered the first "reality" series on American television. It was originally intended as a chronicle of the daily life of the Louds, an upper middle class family in Santa Barbara, California, but ended up documenting the break-up of the family via the separation and subsequent divorce of parents Bill and Pat Loud.[5]