Respected Contributor

Ladies, get out your ice scrapers . . .

. . . because QVC thinks that FrostGuard windshield protectors are appropriate gifts for MEN, but not for women. I know a couple of women who ADORE those things because they really work and they're much better than the cheap versions. I love mine and keep it in the car in season so I can slip it on 1-2-3. (BTW, they're now offering a FrostGuard for the rear window of sedans, station wagons, SUVs, hatchbacks, etc.)

I am referring to the lineups of GIFTS FOR HIM and GIFTS FOR HER that you can access on QVC's splash page. The women have a lot of beauty stuff, bags, etc., but apart from primping, not much for DOING anything. The men have, surprisingly, a lot of cooking appliances and gadgets, including the Kuhn Rikon choppers beloved by a number of us here. I can personally recommend the 7-in-1 workbench also in the men's section. I have one, which I will be using as an auxillary counter for cooking this winter because it has its own electrical outlets and USB connections.

Oh, and if you're a woman who like sports-themed things, you'll find them in the guys's section, too.

I think QVC missed the boat here. It's the wrong kind of retro, as in retrogressive.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, get out your ice scrapers . . .

I love my Frost Guard.  I live in a 2 building highrise.  From checking the parking lots, only 2 folks have FG including me!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Don't think us little women are allowed to own an ice scraper since they are tools 🛠 

Honored Contributor

Maybe the should be designated "Gifts for Cars" rather than put a sex label on them.

@Still Raining   You ought to see my tool collection.  In fact, I recently found a new drill on "Lunchtime Specials".  I've bought plenty of my own plus inherited nice collections from family members.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Personally, I can't get past the initial nauseating thought of "ice scraper season" will be here before too long!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe the should be designated "Gifts for Cars" rather than put a sex label on them.

@Still Raining   You ought to see my tool collection.  In fact, I recently found a new drill on "Lunchtime Specials".  I've bought plenty of my own plus inherited nice collections from family members.

I have discovered that buying a really fine gravel leveler is man bait 😂

Honored Contributor

I have the one with the side mirror covers and the flap that goes inside the car door. To tell the truth, I always forget to put it on before a storm.

Honored Contributor

No ice scraper for me.  I park in my garage.

For a lot of people, like myself, there's no need to wear a heavy coat.

Most people go into the house from the car.  From the car to another building.

Honored Contributor

That's because we delicate ladies are not allowed to scrape off our cars, the brawny men in our families do that.  We stay in the nice warm house putting lipstick on to look pretty while we vacuum.  

Honored Contributor

My 91 year old neighbor put is on her windshield at the slightest mention of snow

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.