Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR tribute to her mother was beautitul

My Mom passed away at age 56.  That was many years ago and she is still missed.

I saw the photo and post you're referring to and thought it was very heartfelt.  If posting helps heal her pain, I have no problem with it.  Everyone deals with a loss in their own way.  I thought the photo was very touching.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having lost a parent I am filled with empathy for anyone who has felt that loss.

I am curious WHY @JONNYSBRO  felt the need to repost it here.

Surely her fans are already following her on her FB page.

If they didn't know how the numerous previous posts of the OP have Clued them in.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so very grateful you posted about this--otherwise I would have missed her touching post.

I just wish once and for all that people shocked or upset about these posts would just ignore  them. People have complained about me and OP for years.... Just move on from them if they are so upsetting!

Valued Contributor

Wow! While some of you post about how Johhnysbro is obssessed with LR, you then seem obssessed with hatred for her as well and feel the need to post frequently about that.

I see people on FB, including my own sister and many friends who post a photo of their mom (or dad) on the anniversary of their death and are not lookinbg for any kind of sympathy at all. Just remembering their loved on and expressing that on FB. It's not unusual and I saying LR is doing it for sympathy or to generate sales is just unkind.

I don't know why it bothers people so much that she has fans.

Disclaimer: I don;'t; follow her or read her Fb posts so I am saying this from an objective POV. 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

Wow! While some of you post about how Johhnysbro is obssessed with LR, you then seem obssessed with hatred for her as well and feel the need to post frequently about that.

I see people on FB, including my own sister and many friends who post a photo of their mom (or dad) on the anniversary of their death and are not lookinbg for any kind of sympathy at all. Just remembering their loved on and expressing that on FB. It's not unusual and I saying LR is doing it for sympathy or to generate sales is just unkind.

I don't know why it bothers people so much that she has fans.

Disclaimer: I don;'t; follow her or read her Fb posts so I am saying this from an objective POV.

@PinkSunset  - I don't follow her either and have never ordered anything from her business.  I also don't understand the disdain that many have for her. 

I don't understand why her accomplishments bother some posters.  There have been some really unkind things written about her.  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO Thank you.  I'll definitely read Lisa's post.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO Lovely, piece.  Pretty family portrait.   Smiley Wink

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO  Thanks for letting us know.  Lisa was a beautiful, sweet lady and I am sure her Mom was very proud of her and her accomplishments.  Nice that she recognized her Mother in this way.

I will go read it and again thanks! Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

I am not going to critise someone for posting a tribute to their Mom.

@MarieIG   Neither will I.

I cannot believe some of these posts.  Easy to hide over here and smash LR for something that has absolutely no effect on anybody else.

They would never do so on her FB page.

Interesting how some say they would never post about a family member's passing yet.......post about it on this thread.

You cannot make this up.

@Cakers3, first of all, no one would be allowed to say anything negative on LR's page.  Anything negative is deleted.  No one is even allowed to make an honest criticism of a product she is selling.  Not only is the comment deleted but the person is banned from her page.

And I don't think anyone said they would never post about a family member's passing on social media. What was said was they don't feel the need to make a public tribute about their lost loved ones.  Big difference.

The only reason some of us know what is going on with LR is because JB brings it to this board.  And not only does JB bring it to this board, JB constantly brings up LR on other hosts' social media as well.  

I initially admired LR for making the decision to leave a job she obviously no longer liked and taking a chance to start her own business and do something she loved.  However, what she allows to happen on her FB page quickly made me realize what kind of person she is.   

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why she is still of any interest in the QVC forums.

Bob Bowersox and others who have left we don't see their continuing sagas

Blue Jean Chef

Kitchen aid lady